For me, it's about program trajectory | The Boneyard

For me, it's about program trajectory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And right now, I'm not sure if ours is any better than that crazy dude's jumping from space.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
End of the Edsall era: 2007-2010

Four straight 8+ win seasons
Four straight bowls
Two Co-Conference Titles

It's amazing how Pasqualoni has taken an up and coming program and turned it into the laughing stock of the Big East in just 1.5 seasons, as well as killing any brand equity UConn football had in terms of it's value in conference realignment.

Reaction Score
Make no doubt about it, many, many on this board were happy to see Edsall go. His offenses were behind the times and he couldn't recruit and he had a crew cut and acted like a drill sargent with no personality.

and I quote......"the offense can only get better under a different coach"

Fanbases, and ours is no different, are always ready to can their coaches at a moments notice without recognizing the risks in doing so. And, yes, I know Edsall left us, but, again, my point is that many wanted him gone.

P may not be the answer and D and the offense are on him. He's here through at least next season absent the team revolting.

Reaction Score
End of the Edsall era: 2007-2010

Four straight 8+ win seasons
Four straight bowls
Two Co-Conference Titles

It's amazing how Pasqualoni has taken an up and coming program and turned it into the laughing stock of the Big East in just 1.5 seasons, as well as killing any brand equity UConn football had in terms of it's value in conference realignment.

Correct on all accounts. Sad part is UConn did this to themselves. Paul Pasqualoni was never the right choice for replacing Edsall. He was an easy choice and a safe choice in the Land of Steady Habits.

Reaction Score
Make no doubt about it, many, many on this board were happy to see Edsall go. His offenses were behind the times and he couldn't recruit and he had a crew cut and acted like a drill sargent with no personality.

and I quote......"the offense can only get better under a different coach"

Fanbases, and ours is no different, are always ready to can their coaches at a moments notice without recognizing the risks in doing so. And, yes, I know Edsall left us, but, again, my point is that many wanted him gone.

P may not be the answer and D and the offense are on him. He's here through at least next season absent the team revolting.

From the twitter updates I read during the 2nd half yesterday it seemed as though the OL did just that...

Reaction Score
Correct on all accounts. Sad part is UConn did this to themselves. Paul Pasqualoni was never the right choice for replacing Edsall. He was an easy choice and a safe choice in the Land of Steady Habits.

That's the biggest problem with CT.. Those "decision makers" don't have a clue about FBS level football. And we have to sit and bare it...

Reaction Score

----------------------------------------------------------
What about the fans revolting? I can't remember that many unhappy fans as there was yesterday at the end of the game. I fear a lot of them are not going to come to games due to disgust with the coaches. Band waggoners are gone. Maybe that will jolt the powers that be, $$$$$ loss.

Reaction Score

I think the ingredients that led to the PP hiring were a little more complex. The president at the time was mailing in his leadership. He was looking elsewhere and his wife did not like it here. He simply wasn't engaged. Was Hogan even here when PP was hired? He might have already been gone to Illinois and Austin was back in as a lame duck placeholder until Herbst was hired. At the same time the school had an AD that got there through the Peter Principle. Hathaway should have been manager of the university ice cream bar, not the entire athletics department. This is no way to run a university.

Syracuse has taught us two valuable lessons about the situation UConn football finds itself in:

1. A bad hire can have dire consequences. Greg Robinson committed coaching malpractice and might arguably have been the worst performing individual to ever have the title head coach in the past 30 years of college football. If my memory serves me right Robinson could not even make it as a defensive coordinator. After leaving Syracuse Rich Rod hired him at Michigan. He was tcanned I think after one season with Hoke. He should have given part of his salary back the wreckage was so bad.

2. The damage done is reversable WITH TIME. Syracuse is no Oregon but the team this year has vastly improved under Marrone. How long has it taken, four years? Sometimes a guy walks right in with good players and it's Quaker Oats instant success. Boil some water and stir. Meyer, Golden, Muschamp and Chip Kelly are good examples. Other times it takes time to right the ship. Brian Kelly here. He has finally steadied things at ND.

We just have to have faith that Herbst and Manuel will end the incompetence quickly and MAKE A GREAT CHOICE in a future coach. An OFFENSE-MINDED, SPREAD OFFENSE kind of a coach.

Reaction Score
----------------------------------------------------------
What about the fans revolting? I can't remember that many unhappy fans as there was yesterday at the end of the game. I fear a lot of them are not going to come to games due to disgust with the coaches. Band waggoners are gone. Maybe that will jolt the powers that be, $$$$$ loss.
My group (about 8 of us) talked about entering the next home game against PITT wearing paper bags on our heads ala the 'AINTS.

It would be our own form of protest against the HCPP regime.

Reaction Score
That's the biggest problem with CT.. Those "decision makers" don't have a clue about FBS level football. And we have to sit and bare it...

Our old decision makes didn't have a clue, I think our new ones do. We'll know if I'm right in a few years.

Reaction Score
If it's possible that P is the answer, I am almost afraid to ask what you think the question is.

"What coach do all Boneyarders actually agree is worse than Edsall?" There can't be too many other things we agree on.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
2. The damage done is reversable WITH TIME. Syracuse is no Oregon but the team this year has vastly improved under Marrone.

They have won one of their last 8 against BCS Teams. And that was a 1 point win over Pitt two weeks ago.

Just saying.

Reaction Score
They have won one of their last 8 against BCS Teams. And that was a 1 point win over Pitt two weeks ago.

Just saying.

You can't tell me they don't look vastly better now than under Robinson. They looked very good against SC.

Reaction Score

Spin it however you want, but we didn't quit on Edsall. He quit on us.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
You can't tell me they don't look vastly better now than under Robinson. They looked very good against SC.

Yes. They are the clearly the best team in the country that has lost 10 of their last 11 games agains teams in the BCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom