Florida | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Easy for you to say winning a regional is unimportant.
If your a player on a team that won the regional but lost in the FF it has to be quite a memory.
True if you win the NC that trumps everything.
It took UConn 15 years under JC with great players before they cut down a regional net.

I'm not diminishing the FF. Its obviously hard to get there. It means a ton to the players and the coach. But isn't big making it to the Sweet 16 also? elite 8? or getting to the Final two? should they cut the net for the next game?

I just don't think you should be cutting the nets for a tournament that its not over yet. Nothing against the teams for doing it. Cutting the net for a Conference tournament in my eyes makes sense because you are actually the champion of that conference tourney. Same goes for a mid-season tournament. But cutting the nets now when you can possibly cut it a week later makes it redundant and less meaningful. Just the way I see it

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually, truth.
No slur on either program is warranted.

Jesus. You probably question Jordan's and Magic's place on the all-time greats list. Listen to this and tell me you don't feel the excellence. Tell me you're not moved by The Tradition.

Reaction Score
Jesus. You probably question Jordan's and Magic's place on the all-time greats list. Listen to this and tell me you don't feel the excellence. Tell me you're not moved by The Tradition.

little brother complex

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Anyone who poo-poos winning a regional clearly didn't live through the 90's with this program.

Reaction Score
Anyone who poo-poos winning a regional clearly didn't live through the 90's with this program.

God sakes. I'm not sh it ting on the regional. But yes, I was not with this team through the 90s, congrats for being old enough when I was only a child.

Still, my question is there. What makes winning the Elite 8 more relevant than winning a final four (semifinal) contest. Why don't they award a trophy when you are one of the top two teams? why don't they also award a trophy when you beat a sweet 16 team? what's the difference?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We're new money to old people. FYI, nobody gives a what old people think.
Yeah you do. Unless your an A$-$hole. Old people are smarter then you - deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom