Florida | The Boneyard

Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I know I'm jumping the gun but after watching the Florida/Dayton match-up, I would feel confident playing Florida - they have quite a few holes in their game. I am not saying they suck, they are bad, they are a mid major BUT they do not look like the "#1" team. 4 seniors starting and top reserves are seniors but at times they certainly don't play like it

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Florida hasn't played a good backcourt since the December match-up with the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Why do teams cut the nets after elite 8 victories? I fee like these "cutting the net ceremonies" should be reserved for national champions or conference tournament championships. You haven't won anything after an elite 8 win (yeah i know... "regional champions" blahblah). You either win it all or you dont

Reaction Score
They give you a trophy that looks the same as the championship trophy... it's kinda considered a big deal.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Doomed is right. Calm down people, there is a time and place for everything.

Also,

Doomed

Reaction Score
I know I'm jumping the gun but after watching the Florida/Dayton match-up, I would feel confident playing Florida - they have quite a few holes in their game. I am not saying they suck, they are bad, they are a mid major BUT they do not look like the "#1" team. 4 seniors starting and top reserves are seniors but at times they certainly don't play like it

You're crazy. Florida is a damn good team. Probably the only team I wouldn't want MSU to face (other than UCONN, of course ;))

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You're crazy. Florida is a damn good team. Probably the only team I wouldn't want MSU to face (other than UCONN, of course ;))

Crazy? You ain't seen crazy until tomorrow

BTW - did MSU play UF this season? if not where is this voice of experience coming from?

Nobody said they aren't a good team I said they didn't look like the best team in the USA

Reaction Score
Crazy? You ain't seen crazy until tomorrow

BTW - did MSU play UF this season? if not where is this voice of experience coming from?

Nobody said they aren't a good team I said they didn't look like the best team in the USA

2 NCs and 9 Final Fours gives me some perspective.

Reaction Score
I totally get what the OP is saying Florida is a very good team but they are beatable their not the Miami Heat and their not unbeatable too btw.

caw

Reaction Score
2 NCs and 9 Final Fours gives me some perspective.

You won 2 NC and went to 9 FFs where did you coach?

If you are talking about being a fan, UConn has 3 NCs and 4 FFs in the past 15 years, so you know we kind of have some experience also. Maybe even a bit more with why the best team in the country looks like.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
gtcam, please stop.

Reaction Score
You won 2 NC and went to 9 FFs where did you coach?

If you are talking about being a fan, UConn has 3 NCs and 4 FFs in the past 15 years, so you know we kind of have some experience also. Maybe even a bit more with why the best team in the country looks like.

You're new money.

Reaction Score
We're new money to old people. FYI, nobody gives a what old people think.

Reaction Score
Why do teams cut the nets after elite 8 victories? I fee like these "cutting the net ceremonies" should be reserved for national champions or conference tournament championships. You haven't won anything after an elite 8 win (yeah i know... "regional champions" blahblah). You either win it all or you dont
Easy for you to say winning a regional is unimportant.
If your a player on a team that won the regional but lost in the FF it has to be quite a memory.
True if you win the NC that trumps everything.
It took UConn 15 years under JC with great players before they cut down a regional net.

Reaction Score
On a blue blood scale, we're new money. But you would probably have to put MSU in the same category

Reaction Score
I personally don't think MSU should be included in the blueblood category but don't have a huge issue with including them. 3 titles seems to be the threshold for it, plus sustained deep NCAA runs. I imagine this is because everyone considers Kansas a blueblood but they have only won 3 titles so you can't really justify calling them one and keeping others out.

Florida really tests that theory though. If they win this year then by that criteria they're a blueblood but I don't think many people, if they go by the "eye test" so to speak, think they in are indeed one. Donovan really doesn't get enough credit for a coach with two national titles and a whole lot of elite 8's. Izzo gets a spectacular amount of press for a coach with one title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom