OT: - Florida State to sue ACC over GOR | Page 37 | The Boneyard

OT: Florida State to sue ACC over GOR

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That's what UConn seemingly gets in every game against the ACC.

And despite that massive blowout, UConn's loss against Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl is more of a big deal. Our team was overwhelmed, but at least they fought. Other team, nah, they get a free pass for laying a massive dump.
One amazing thing about that was when FSU played their first major bowl game under Bobby Bowden (1980 Orange Bowl) they were blown out by Oklahoma (24-7; which one can argue was more significant a blowout than 48-20, especially as 14 of Oklahoma's points against us were pick six's that went through our WR's hands). Somehow, their loss wasn't held against them.

Reaction Score
The problem with UConn’s resume is that it points to an 8-5 year and a blowout bowl as the primo year.

You get more latitude when you finish top 10 once…more so for multiple appearances.

Reaction Score
It is indeed thinning the herd...Actuallythe herd was thinned thinned it a ways back, almost painlessly...

First P5 and G5...then P4...then P2

I think that the Big 12 may go the opposite way.

Try to take UConn, Duke, Virginia...and be the premier basketball conference.

Reaction Score
It is indeed thinning the herd...Actuallythe herd was thinned thinned it a ways back, almost painlessly...

when?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

General question for you:

Do you believe that thinning the herd is a good thing or a bad thing?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Billybud specifically.
I was thinking Deepster myself. This past years half assed mojo effort was an embarrassment.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And despite that massive blowout, UConn's loss against Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl is more of a big deal. Our team was overwhelmed, but at least they fought. Other team, nah, they get a free pass for laying a massive dump.
That's a big reason I was so against bringing back Edsall. The biggest game in UConn history, we did not get 100% from him and are still paying the price. And yet UConn rewarded him with millons of dollars down the road.

Reaction Score

"Painlessly?" The exact opposite. Contracting rather than expanding makes no sense at all. First it killed Big East Football, then it destroyed a great PAC 12 conference. Athletic conferences stretching coast-to-coast across 4 time zones. Elite programs continue to sell their souls joining conferences which will damper their success and only be a negative for student-athletes and fans. Endless consternation across hundreds of fan sites trying to figure out what will happen next. Legal wranglings. It's a complete cluster fork and makes no sense.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
That's a big reason I was so against bringing back Edsall. The biggest game in UConn history, we did not get 100% from him and are still paying the price. And yet UConn rewarded him with millons of dollars down the road.
Quite a feat that he will be forever perceived as they guy who was responsible for our ascendency (beating Notre Dame, getting to the Fiesta Bowl, and beating SEC South Carolina in a bowl as my top 3) while also being responsible for our demise; TBH, he shares that distinction with Suzy & Warde. I would have rather had some college or NFL retread coach (vis-a-vis Mora...hell even a high school coach) than Edsall era 2.

Reaction Score
Quite a feat that he will be forever perceived as they guy who was responsible for our ascendency (beating Notre Dame, getting to the Fiesta Bowl, and beating SEC South Carolina in a bowl as my top 3) while also being responsible for our demise; TBH, he shares that distinction with Suzy & Warde. I would have rather had some college or NFL retread coach (vis-a-vis Mora...hell even a high school coach) than Edsall era 2.
Edsall was never the same after he left in 2011. I like to think it was karma for the way he left, but it could also be that he couldn't live up the expectations/pressure at Maryland and the second stint at UConn.

Reaction Score
"Painlessly?" The exact opposite. Contracting rather than expanding makes no sense at all. First it killed Big East Football, then it destroyed a great PAC 12 conference. Athletic conferences stretching coast-to-coast across 4 time zones. Elite programs continue to sell their souls joining conferences which will damper their success and only be a negative for student-athletes and fans. Endless consternation across hundreds of fan sites trying to figure out what will happen next. Legal wranglings. It's a complete cluster fork and makes no sense.
Painlessly for the perpetrators. No law suits. No sweat for the B1G and SEC.

Reaction Score
The cartel captured the CFP. The media money….and no kickback yet that worries them.

Reaction Score
I guess, if you are in pain, you react to the word “painless “. I was actually thinking of the ease that the Borg have had consolidating and pushing their agenda.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I was actually thinking of the ease that the Borg have had consolidating and pushing their agenda.
I wish the BIG12 went full Borg and assimilated UConn. "We will add your (basketball) biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your (football) culture will adapt to service us.".

Reaction Score
I wish the BIG12 went full Borg and assimilated UConn. "We will add your (basketball) biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your (football) culture will adapt to service us."

I do think that the Big 12 might augment basketball with UConn and Duke.

Reaction Score
I still blame Hathaway as the real culprit behind UConn's current situation. Man couldn't find hustle if it smacked around and kissed him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom