Five Players Left or Leaving Minnesota | The Boneyard

Five Players Left or Leaving Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Wagner is one of four starters who will return next season; the others are Shayne Mullaney, Mikayla Bailey and Amanda Zahui B., the media's Big Ten player of the year. Also back, All-America guard Rachel Banham, who received a medical redshirt.

Appears the transfers are end-of-the-bench players who would not be getting much playing time. All of the starters, including the two star players, will be back.

Reaction Score
Wagner is one of four starters who will return next season; the others are Shayne Mullaney, Mikayla Bailey and Amanda Zahui B., the media's Big Ten player of the year. Also back, All-America guard Rachel Banham, who received a medical redshirt.

Appears the transfers are end-of-the-bench players who would not be getting much playing time. All of the starters, including the two star players, will be back.

Yeah pretty much players who weren't getting playing time. Plus some of the players were hold overs from coach Pam Borton's recruiting class and they saw some of the players the new coach had coming in next season.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Like we have seen elsewhere, I think I heard on some broadcast that her style was different from Bortons.

Heck, you could promote an Assistant and get a different style (if less likely), never mind bringing in an outsider.

Just more proof, like any is needed, that players play for specific coaches, not schools.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Like we have seen elsewhere, I think I heard on some broadcast that her style was different from Bortons.

Heck, you could promote an Assistant and get a different style (if less likely), never mind bringing in an outsider.

Just more proof, like any is needed, that players play for specific coaches, not schools.

So true; probably for some of the same reasons that we chose various schools because of majors, aesthetics, finances, etc. One lucky thing for student athletes is that they're not handicapped by the ability to get a full scholarship at one school versus another, outside of the Ivies. Of course, it's rare that an accepted student doesn't get assistance at an Ivy, if needed, even though it won't be in the form of an athletic scholarship.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Because of her age Zahui B. has the option of declaring for the WNBA draft this year or playing pro ball in Europe. I have not heard if she has ruled those options out.

Reaction Score
Because of her age Zahui B. has the option of declaring for the WNBA draft this year or playing pro ball in Europe. I have not heard if she has ruled those options out.
Just curious - are there any age or eligibility restrictions for playing pro in Europe. Anything keeping a well-developed NCAA player who really needs a job from jumping there? And, assuming one did, and played there until her normal graduation age, could she then come back and play in the WNBA?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

She and Loyd were joking about the WNBA rumors on twitter. I'd be shocked if she leaves.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Just curious - are there any age or eligibility restrictions for playing pro in Europe. Anything keeping a well-developed NCAA player who really needs a job from jumping there? And, assuming one did, and played there until her normal graduation age, could she then come back and play in the WNBA?

That's exactly what Epiphanny Prince did, I believe.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...ing-gophers-womens-basketball-team?source=rss

Looks like players who can't handle Stollings way of coaching the team. Minnesota was a tournament team. Doesn't appear any starters are requesting a transfer

Nah, must be they can't stand the cold.

Seriously, until recently I lived thirty miles from Minneapolis and the last two winters were brutal, especially the one before this last, where some communities had over 40 nights of low temperature -30 F or colder.

I admit to silently snickering when I see postings on the BY about how cold it is in Connecticut. Though I know last year was much harder than what you are used to.

Reaction Score
Nah, must be they can't stand the cold.

Seriously, until recently I lived thirty miles from Minneapolis and the last two winters were brutal, especially the one before this last, where some communities had over 40 nights of low temperature -30 F or colder.

I admit to silently snickering when I see postings on the BY about how cold it is in Connecticut. Though I know last year was much harder than what you are used to.
Ain't that the truth. Once I was in Mpls in early November and the two most common words heard were freeze and as*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom