First Time/Long Time | The Boneyard

First Time/Long Time

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
Hello Boneyard,

Connecticut native, Husky fan since the Donyell era, and class of ‘02. I have lurked on this board off and on for 10-15 years, though I never really felt compelled to post (or even create a handle) until today.

I discovered the BY when Googling some esoteric UConn player or trivia, which currently eludes me. At the time, the board was hosted by a scouting news website and I lurked regularly. Then, I went a period of years without visiting for one reason or another (just your typical Casual Fan). When I did finally return- due to a dearth of national coverage for my beloved Huskies (I was living on the west coast at the time)- the hosted message board was a ghost town, much to my dismay. I eventually rediscovered the BY and I’m glad I did. (To this day I don’t know what happened to the old BY; maybe a senior member can fill me in).

I’ve checked in regularly over the past three years or so, though I will admit that for the preponderance of that time, I was motivated less by enthusiasm and more by frustration. I needed to know that others shared the painful experience of the last few years, the mass emigration of top recruits, the proliferation of grad transfers as surrogates for good recruiting, conference realignment, and the overall decline of the program. Candidly, I also wanted confirmation of my strong belief that Ollie was inept, and I knew of no better source for Ollie-related smack and rumors. This was something of a pet interest of mine (OK, crusade), largely ignored by the national media, and it was good to know there was a community of (mostly) like-minded people.

Suffice it to say, I couldn’t be happier with the direction of the program now and I am loving the energy on the board. I’ve pumped more money into merch and tickets this year than I have in the last five years combined. I’m genuinely enthused, and the BY community has a lot to do with that.

This is all by way of saying, on behalf of all lurkers (and we do exist), thanks to the BY contributors for your insights, analysis, news reporting and even fake news reporting. I enjoy the discussions.

This is my first and last post, since I don’t really think I have much to add to the discussions. But you can bet I’ll be reading!

Reaction Score
Hello Boneyard,

Connecticut native, Husky fan since the Donyell era, and class of ‘02. I have lurked on this board off and on for 10-15 years, though I never really felt compelled to post (or even create a handle) until today.

I discovered the BY when Googling some esoteric UConn player or trivia, which currently eludes me. At the time, the board was hosted by a scouting news website and I lurked regularly. Then, I went a period of years without visiting for one reason or another (just your typical Casual Fan). When I did finally return- due to a dearth of national coverage for my beloved Huskies (I was living on the west coast at the time)- the hosted message board was a ghost town, much to my dismay. I eventually rediscovered the BY and I’m glad I did. (To this day I don’t know what happened to the old BY; maybe a senior member can fill me in).

I’ve checked in regularly over the past three years or so, though I will admit that for the preponderance of that time, I was motivated less by enthusiasm and more by frustration. I needed to know that others shared the painful experience of the last few years, the mass emigration of top recruits, the proliferation of grad transfers as surrogates for good recruiting, conference realignment, and the overall decline of the program. Candidly, I also wanted confirmation of my strong belief that Ollie was inept, and I knew of no better source for Ollie-related smack and rumors. This was something of a pet interest of mine (OK, crusade), largely ignored by the national media, and it was good to know there was a community of (mostly) like-minded people.

Suffice it to say, I couldn’t be happier with the direction of the program now and I am loving the energy on the board. I’ve pumped more money into merch and tickets this year than I have in the last five years combined. I’m genuinely enthused, and the BY community has a lot to do with that.

This is all by way of saying, on behalf of all lurkers (and we do exist), thanks to the BY contributors for your insights, analysis, news reporting and even fake news reporting. I enjoy the discussions.

This is my first and last post, since I don’t really think I have much to add to the discussions. But you can bet I’ll be reading!
As evidenced by this post you likely have a whole lot more to contribute than 99% of the posters in here. Don’t be a quitter!

Reaction Score
Welcome Dorona. Just remember, it’s not essential to be knowledgeable to post on the board. I know very little and post all the time, just like the majority here. I believe that posting saves me at least $500 a month and my marriage. In psychiatrist fees and yelling at posters instead of my wife. So go ahead and post away. You’ll get slammed but what does that matter? Your opinions are as good or bad as anyone elses. And maybe it’s theraputic.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Uh oh, the Russians are getting push back from FaceBook and here they are. Careful what you post.

Reaction Score
Hello Boneyard,

So many syllables.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We don’t even know if this guy was in a coma or not.
He stated he read the Yard but was overall disinterested.

Reaction Score
Hello Boneyard,

At least let some of us here in on your secret in restraint before you exit. I've been here forever and I can't describe the amount of loss productivity, the sleepless nights spent reading and posting, and the time spent while on vacation perusing the Yard. It ain't all fun being a BY addict.

So spill the beans and help a Yarder out. (I'm sure some here are worse than me.)

'Helpless in Boneyard`

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My Sharona
My Bologna
Ayatollah
MyDorona

Have I missed any?

Reaction Score
My Sharona
My Bologna
Ayatollah