• #13 TN Martin AT #4 No Carolina

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • #13 Fresno St v #4 Nebraska (@UCLA)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • #12 BYU v #5 NC St (@UCLA)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • #12 Hampton v #5 Mich St (@UNC)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #11 James Madison v #6 Gonzaga (@ TxAM)

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • #11 Marist AT #6 Iowa

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • #11 Chattanooga v #6 Syracuse (@Ky)

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I have seen Iowa play this season. They are pretty good Samantha Logic should be an all American

Reaction Score
I thought I'd look up the upsets in the first round of the 2013 tournament to get a handle on the extent of upsets that might reasonably be expected. In the tourney, Creighton (10) defeated Syracuse (7), USF (10) defeated Texas Tech (7), and Kansas (12) defeated Colorado (5). I have not included any 9/8 upsets in the tally. So 10th, 11th and even 12th seeds could win first round games, though I wouldn't expect any of the 4th or 5th seeded teams in the poll above to lose this year.

Reaction Score
I thought I'd look up the upsets in the first round of the 2013 tournament to get a handle on the extent of upsets that might reasonably be expected. In the tourney, Creighton (10) defeated Syracuse (7), USF (10) defeated Texas Tech (7), and Kansas (12) defeated Colorado (5). I have not included any 9/8 upsets in the tally. So 10th, 11th and even 12th seeds could win first round games, though I wouldn't expect any of the 4th or 5th seeded teams in the poll above to lose this year.

Am I missing something? How did Kansas play Colorado in the first round? Two big 12 teams.

Reaction Score
My bad. Colorado is now a PAC 12 team. Maybe UConn should consider joining the WAC. It doesn't make sense you say? Exactly.

Reaction Score
Creighton is now in the Big East, Syracuse is in the ACC, and USF is in the AAC. Next year Louisville is in the ACC. Any other changes about which I should be forewarned?

Reaction Score
Creighton is now in the Big East, Syracuse is in the ACC, and USF is in the AAC. Next year Louisville is in the ACC. Any other changes about which I should be forewarned?

Next year, the American gets East Carolina, Tulane, and Tulsa.

At least ECar and Tulane made the WNIT, along with SMU and USF, so the conference will now have 4 mediocre teams (!!) to go along with 6 crappy ones.

Reaction Score
I voted for JMU over the Zags. I don't understand folks picking Marist. Iowa is a
pretty good team who will be playing in front of their home court fans.

Among the 13 seeds, I think Akron over Purdue is more likely than Fresno over
Nebraska.

Among the 12 seeds, I think BYU has the best chance.

Among the 15 seeds, I think the Great Danes have the best chance to make a game
of it. They've got some 6'9" kid who might give Busse a little trouble. (but not much)

Among the 14 seeds, I like Wright St. and Wichita St. as two who might cause their
respective 3 seeds a bit of discomfort.

Reaction Score
Among the 13 seeds, I think Akron over Purdue is more likely than Fresno over Nebraska.

The problem for Akron is that it's on Purdue home floor. In contrast the Nebraska-Fresno game will be played in LA, so the 50 who show up will probably all be Fresno fans. Neb has also gotten watch out for pressure to make it back home to the regional.

Reaction Score
Chattanooga, coached by Jim Foster, had a great season. Perhaps they cause the Cuse some problems? And the game is in Kentucky.

And I think the most interesting team to watch is UNC. They are so Jekyll & Hyde that they could lose their first game, or they could pull a few upsets.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Chattanooga, coached by Jim Foster, had a great season. Perhaps they cause the Cuse some problems? And the game is in Kentucky.

And I think the most interesting team to watch is UNC. They are so Jekyll & Hyde that they could lose their first game, or they could pull a few upsets.

No way they lose to UT-Martin. Martin loves to run and gun, and that plays right into the Lady Heels hand. It might have been a different story if they would have gotten someone like Wright State, BYU, Chattanooga .....

Needless to say, I will be the biggest Skyhawk fan in the Triad on Sunday :D

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to the first two rounds in Durham. Oklahoma v DePaul should be a high-scoring game and I think both teams can give Duke some trouble. Oklahoma lost to Duke 94-85 in Norman in early December. DePaul has quick guards and shooters who can hit open shots which will be there against Duke's zone.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to the first two rounds in Durham. Oklahoma v DePaul should be a high-scoring game and I think both teams can give Duke some trouble. Oklahoma lost to Duke 94-85 in Norman in early December. DePaul has quick guards and shooters who can hit open shots which will be there against Duke's zone.

Thats what I was thinking when i saw the bracket :oops: Thats probably the worst set of 7/10's that we could have drawn. Hurts us that this year ISU and LSU were #7's and hosts. The last two times that Duke has hosted...... we have had major, major, major, major trouble in the second round. 2011 vs Marist, and last year vs Okie State. I'll be pulling for the Sooners on Saturday.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Thats what I was thinking when i saw the bracket :oops: Thats probably the worst set of 7/10's that we could have drawn. Hurts us that this year ISU and LSU were #7's and hosts. The last two times that Duke has hosted. we have had major, major, major, major trouble in the second round. 2011 vs Marist, and last year vs Okie State. I'll be pulling for the Sooners on Saturday.

I remember the Marist game but I'd forgotten the OK State game last year. Neither DePaul nor OK are strong in the post so E Williams will need to have a big game.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score

You were right on on the Depaul Oklahoma game.. Fun game to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog