First Night!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

First Night!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
And it's probably not a good idea for me to point out on the women's board that KML ate well over the summer.....
Noone said she wasnt a great player...we r just saying she ate too many burgers during the off season
Seriously? Low blow cheap shot. Is that really what "we" are saying? I like to think UCONN fans have way more class than that. Apparently 2 of you do not.

Not all female athletes have lean, ripped physiques. Diana Taurasi, arguably the best female hoops player on the planet, will never look ripped and cut. I'm not sure why any fan, even a "men's hoops only" fan would think it's ok to take pot shots and make comments like that. I'd expect that sort of crap from toothless mouth breathers in redneck country. Not from an educated fan base referencing a star on a women's team that is half of the "college hoops capital of the world".

Now maybe I'll take flak for not being one of the "cool guys" on the board because I'm not making fun of a woman's weight or appearance, but apparently I was just raised differently. People really think it's funny or clever to make snide comments about a 19 year old girl, who is the same age as our daughters or granddaughters? It's just is not funny to me.

Oh, and this is a kid who spent much of her free time last season working out out with Kelly Faris, a physical beast/machine on the women's side, to get into better shape and learn/absorb Kelly's work ethic. And KML happens to be one of the top 5 WCBB players in the entire country, and on the short list for NPOY.

Reaction Score
Can we move this over to the women's board? Every time I see an update in this thread I hope (assume) it is new info on the men's side.

Jim

Reaction Score
A number of the players wear protective padding under their uniforms. Almost all of the women's team use hip, thigh, and tailbone padding. Some also use chest and rib protectors. Given how well KML can shoot the three, I think it likely she has been working on her post up moves and has added more rib padding to deal with the banging/elbowing that goes on in the low post.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
When they ask, what league?

WE REPLY "A LEAGUE OF OUR OWN!"

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

thats all fine and dandy but if we get an acc, or b1g offer, i'd rather say i'm in that league.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

WE REPLY " A LEAGUE OF OUR OWN! WE'RE UCONN G-D DARNIT!

Reaction Score
@3uconn do you have the list of recruits who you know were there... I only saw a few myself

Reaction Score
Fan since Reagan era? So you're an old balding fat dude berating a D1 athlete? Wbb players don't need to be ripped, they aren't track stars.
Im 34 I am fat but im not balding! U got 1 out of 3 right..btw shes a great player isnt she?...i was just stating the obvious ...she did put on weight and if u dont see that then u r blind...i used to play college baseball and each year the coach expected us to come back in better shape than the last.....ask urself this one question..if u were a coach of a top level program...would u want one of ur stars to come back in better shape or worse shape...try to be realistic when u answer that.

Reaction Score
@3uconn do you have the list of recruits who you know were there... I only saw a few myself
I'm hoping to have my article finished sometime soon tonight. If not tomorrow afternoon. I'm waiting to hear back from and AAU coach.

Reaction Score
Fan since Reagan era? So you're an old balding fat dude berating a D1 athlete? Wbb players don't need to be ripped, they aren't track stars.

Relax James........she did look it. If you don't like it I suggest you take the topic up with the q-tip looking fans on the ladies board then.........don't start your crap here bout us fat old men!

Reaction Score
Bottom line who cares if she's eating cheese burgers if she's draining threes and winning chips(no pun)? if anything the wbb team needs an disadvantage ; nobody's beating them.

Reaction Score
Bottom line who cares if she's eating cheese burgers if she's draining threes and winning chips(no pun)? if anything the wbb team needs an disadvantage ; nobody's beating them.
Yea she will be fine no doubt about it. She will have a very good year. But imagine if she was in tip top shape she would be a tad bit quicker, jump a tad bit higher, and last in top gear a tad bit longer. She s better than 99.3795446% of all of wcbb but if she was in top shape she would be better than 99.9999% (these are accurate percentages as of 10/2013)

Reaction Score
Seriously? Low blow cheap shot. Is that really what "we" are saying? I like to think UCONN fans have way more class than that. Apparently 2 of you do not.

Not all female athletes have lean, ripped physiques. Diana Taurasi, arguably the best female hoops player on the planet, will never look ripped and cut. I'm not sure why any fan, even a "men's hoops only" fan would think it's ok to take pot shots and make comments like that. I'd expect that sort of crap from toothless mouth breathers in redneck country. Not from an educated fan base referencing a star on a women's team that is half of the "college hoops capital of the world".

Now maybe I'll take flak for not being one of the "cool guys" on the board because I'm not making fun of a woman's weight or appearance, but apparently I was just raised differently. People really think it's funny or clever to make snide comments about a 19 year old girl, who is the same age as our daughters or granddaughters? It's just is not funny to me.

Oh, and this is a kid who spent much of her free time last season working out out with Kelly Faris, a physical beast/machine on the women's side, to get into better shape and learn/absorb Kelly's work ethic. And KML happens to be one of the top 5 WCBB players in the entire country, and on the short list for NPOY.
You must not have seen the ESPN "The Body Issue".

Diana Taurasi Graces The Cover of ESPN The Magazine

Reaction Score

Like i said above shes a great player but who in their right mind would choose a heavy player vs a fit player. If you were a coach and u had two choices a fit kml or a out of shape kml, you obviously would choose a fit kml. She would be able to perform at a high level longer with more stamina, jump a bit higher, or run just a bit faster. At the end of the day shes one of the best but if she was fit she could very well be THE Best.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Like i said above shes a great player but who in their right mind would choose a heavy player vs a fit player. If you were a coach and u had two choices a fit kml or a out of shape kml, you obviously would choose a fit kml. She would be able to perform at a high level longer with more stamina, jump a bit higher, or run just a bit faster. At the end of the day shes one of the best but if she was fit she could very well be THE Best.
I think you are making an assumption because KML is "stockier" she is not fit. I don't know that is true. She seems to playing just fine with her body. Was Khalid El-Amin "unfit" because he was stocky? And just maybe her body type allows her to post up more, rebound better. Would she be better with a thinner body?? Maybe, maybe not. But I don't know that her body shape tells us whether she is "fit" or not.

Reaction Score
I think you are making an assumption because KML is "stockier" she is not fit. I don't know that is true. She seems to playing just fine with her body. Was Khalid El-Amin "unfit" because he was stocky? And just maybe her body type allows her to post up more, rebound better. Would she be better with a thinner body?? Maybe, maybe not. But I don't know that her body shape tells us whether she is "fit" or not.
True i guess it would help with rebounding when she is down low, and lets just say her body type is bigger than it was the year before. I mean whatever she will still dominate, btw mesut özil ftw

Reaction Score

She is fine and smart too......uses her body well in the ladies game and for her it's a plus......she looked a little more "plump" than last year but again it's her body type anyway so no biggie....the girl is the best shooter at UConn and she has figured out how to use that girth down low for the most part........nice player for sure!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I believe it was a Men's board poster who brought her up. Just sayin'
Normally, I wouldn't have but this post was about First Night observations and since UCONN made this a co-ed event, this is fair game. That's the distinction. Plus it's a valid discussion since the kumbaya posters on the women's board would never discuss it this honestly.

Reaction Score
Normally, I wouldn't have but this post was about First Night observations and since UCONN made this a co-ed event, this is fair game. That's the distinction. Plus it's a valid discussion since the kumbaya posters on the women's board would never discuss it this honestly.

true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog