First Night!! | The Boneyard

First Night!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Nice job man. I forgot about Giff's look back check the D calm stroke on that 3.

Reaction Score
I put alot of work into this video. Hope you guys enjoy, especially those who could not attend.

Give this post a like if Amida Brimah can dance :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnSjOYEt_eo
Now that was good! Team looks in shape and everyone looked like they were having fun. I especially liked it when Giffey looked behind him then immediately drained that three. Very smooth shooter. Thanks for posting the video.

Reaction Score
Nice! Here's an edit I made to the broadcast last night for anyone who didn't see it, including Ollie & Geno's intro speeches, the video, the introductions for men, interview with KO and some scrimmage highlights:

Reaction Score
I woulda posted this on the womens side but they prob would get pissy at how the guys took all the shots :)

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Seriously?
Totally. If a player on the men's team was out of shape it would be a major topic but it's not PC to comment about a woman player being out of shape. Double standard. Geno's conditioning is supposed to be tough but KML is the only player I've seen be in worse condition each season.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Totally. If a player on the men's team was out of shape it would be a major topic but it's not PC to comment about a woman player being out of shape. .
Apparently you missed Dolsons first 2+ years. It was a constant topic

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Apparently you missed Dolsons first 2+ years. It was a constant topic
Yes, I was going to mention Dolson. She finally got it and now is in much better shape than in her freshman year. KLM is going the opposite direction.

Reaction Score
Great job! Love the quote from Geno where he said we are in a league of our own. All the players looked like they had a lot of fun with this. Brimah really looks like a spider with those long arms and legs, I was impressed with his highlights. Funny seeing Donny with his Brooklyn Nets hat on peaking through the curtain when Dolson was announced

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Yes, I was going to mention Dolson. She finally got it and now is in much better shape than in her freshman year. KLM is going the opposite direction.
Out of shape? Last season she averaged the most minutes on the team, had the highest points per game average, and second-most rebounds next to Dolson. Probably couldn't do that if you weren't in pretty good shape. All of her numbers went up from freshman year, so I wouldn't say she's going in the opposite direction. She's also incredibly strong. She averaged the most minutes and second most points on the World University Games gold-medal winning team this summer also. I guess you are saying this based on her body type, but she's clearly in pretty amazing shape.
Also, her name is Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, so KML, not KLM.

Reaction Score
Out of shape? Last season she averaged the most minutes on the team, had the highest points per game average, and second-most rebounds next to Dolson. Probably couldn't do that if you weren't in pretty good shape. All of her numbers went up from freshman year, so I wouldn't say she's going in the opposite direction. She's also incredibly strong. She averaged the most minutes and second most points on the World University Games gold-medal winning team this summer also. I guess you are saying this based on her body type, but she's clearly in pretty amazing shape.
Noone said she wasnt a great player...we r just saying she ate too many burgers during the off season

Reaction Score

She did a great job of getting in shape from her frosh year to the soph.......but having been there the other night she definitely looked like she was "thicker" through the mid section that last year. Hey, could've been the uniform or something I'm not sure but it did look that way. In defense though she has that body type which will never look slim by any means but last year she was much quicker and improved dramatically from her freshman year. Hopefully she is the same or even better this year.......

Reaction Score

excess body fat will decrease power. This means a reduced vertical leap, reduced max running speed, and reduced acceleration. Will it have a major effect on her ability to compete against her competition? probably not.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Sorry grammar police. If you read my previous post, you' d gave have seen I know it's KML and I just made a typo.

Reaction Score
Really like the intro before they announced the players.

Don't think that was on the espn3 broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom