First half UConn showed it can play with anybody | The Boneyard

First half UConn showed it can play with anybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They are REAL GOOD. Only weakness is they are not great shooting from the outside, but other than that, no real weakness.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Their front court had way too much speed for ours.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Uh, no it didn't. It proved that we could hang around with a team for a half if they had their best player on the bench... there is a reason games are 2 halves, not one. How many times over the years has UConn been in a close game at halftime only to blow the other guys out...sometimes even against bad teams?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Uh, no it didn't. It proved that we could hang around with a team for a half if they had their best player on the bench... there is a reason games are 2 halves, not one. How many times over the years has UConn been in a close game at halftime only to blow the other guys out...sometimes even against bad teams?
At least try to contain your glee when things don't go our way.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
At least try to contain your glee when things don't go our way.
As much as I hate to admit, I kind of agree with Free. We're long past the point in our development where we are looking for a good half of basketball. We are, however, 1 consistently effective front court player away, from being very, very good.

Reaction Score
We are, however, 1 consistently effective front court player away, from being very, very good.

This is 100% true.
Losing no one except RJ after this season (hopefully), i really hope Facey/Brimah can have some impact in the front court, and that Samuel/whoever can give Bazz/Boat a rest occasionally. Those 2 were clearly gassed in the 2nd half.

They gave everything they had against ND, and had to do it again 2 days later. We have 5 days before spitt. They need it badly (no matter how much i want to watch a game every day).

Reaction Score
As much as I hate to admit, I kind of agree with Free. We're long past the point in our development where we are looking for a good half of basketball. We are, however, 1 consistently effective front court player away, from being very, very good.

Disagree with free's assessment. UL could win it all. Our team is growing from game to game. Our team kicked ass for half the game.

I agree about the bigs, however.

Reaction Score

Who's "we"? "We" the program? Because then I agree with you. "We" this specific team? How are they "long past any" point in their development?

Reaction Score

Ha. I mean this with all sincerity: you are the absolute worst.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I agree with freescooter. With Peyton Siva in the game I doubt we would have been leading at halftime. UL with Siva is a top 5 team. Without him their a top 20 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom