Finally got a chance to watch "Requiem for the Big East" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Finally got a chance to watch "Requiem for the Big East"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah but if you are writing a "requiem for the Big East", how do you not include the team that three times as many national championships as a part of it than any other team and nearly half of them overall. I also suspect, but did not look it up, that we have the most Conf. championships (reg. and tourney) as any other team in the conference. If you want to make a story about a decade of basketball, that's fine but say that's what you are making. In my view it was revisionist history.

From Wikipedia:
"Beginning with their first Big East championship in 1990, Connecticut has become the preeminent power in the Big East. Over the past two decades, UConn has made many deep runs in NCAA tournament, playing in the Elite 8 nine times and making four appearances in the Final Four. Hall of Fame coach Jim Calhoun's program, led by such stars as Ray Allen, Richard "Rip" Hamilton, Caron Butler, Emeka Okafor and Kemba Walker, averaged nearly 26 wins per year during that time span, won numerous Big East regular season and tournament championships, and claimed the National Championship in 1999, 2004 and 2011."

I'd argue that it 90's forward were the peak of the league. 4 of the 7 national championships were won during that period and we were sending record numbers of teams went the NCAA tourney. We were dominant.

Nah that video was the birth of the Big East, not a requiem for it.

Like+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog