Fcking put the aggression on Louisville and swap it up | The Boneyard

Fcking put the aggression on Louisville and swap it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let's jump on them by shifting what we do into an aggressive style of press and trap to start the game and move into zone in the halfcourt to keep Bridah on the floor. Ill live with attempting to beat Louisville by them shooting or missing 3's. Take 5-7 sec's off the clock and then go back and forth from zone to man to keep them off balance.

On the offense--run when we can but slow it down and find a good shot. We CANNOT handle the ball out of bounds like we did last night--it was a disaster. DO NOT let Napier take it out. Giffey is 6-6--he should be the man pushing the ball in bounds and then we need quick hitting set plays if they want to trap us.

Our man to man has been great--but the overall game plan might need to be adjusted out of the gate the way Louisville is playing now. Bridah HAS to stay on the floor---so switching to zone at times must be an option. Using 3 guards to press and trap to slow them down and get them into a hurried halfcourt game what I want to see. BUT also the pace needs to crawl--we need to get them to use shot clock and we need to use it. We must play at a slower pace and change up aggressively yet controlled.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure KO will ditch our strategy we used the last 2 times. Expect something different.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure KO will ditch our strategy we used the last 2 times. Expect something different.
That could be the slogan for this year's post season campaign:
senhor-testiculo-03.jpg

Expect something different!

Reaction Score
We need Olander tonight for some cheap fouls. You better believe Pitino is going to take it at Brimah and get him in foul trouble.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Start Tyler!

senhor-testiculo-03.jpg

Expect something different!

Reaction Score
Let's jump on them by shifting what we do into an aggressive style of press and trap to start the game and move into zone in the halfcourt to keep Bridah on the floor. Ill live with attempting to beat Louisville by them shooting or missing 3's. Take 5-7 sec's off the clock and then go back and forth from zone to man to keep them off balance.

On the offense--run when we can but slow it down and find a good shot. We CANNOT handle the ball out of bounds like we did last night--it was a disaster. DO NOT let Napier take it out. Giffey is 6-6--he should be the man pushing the ball in bounds and then we need quick hitting set plays if they want to trap us.

Our man to man has been great--but the overall game plan might need to be adjusted out of the gate the way Louisville is playing now. Bridah HAS to stay on the floor---so switching to zone at times must be an option. Using 3 guards to press and trap to slow them down and get them into a hurried halfcourt game what I want to see. BUT also the pace needs to crawl--we need to get them to use shot clock and we need to use it. We must play at a slower pace and change up aggressively yet controlled.
Yeah, and get ourselves run right out of the building in the first 10 minutes of the game. No thank you.

But one adjustment that KO made, which I was screaming about late in the first half during the chat was for UConn to look for early office in the half-court. What I mean by this is attack the basket before their half-court D is set. This is different that unstructured transition offense, but getting down the court quickly and the guards immediately attacking the paint before the half-court D sets up. In doing so you make sure you don't over-commit too many people close to the basket and be prone to odd number run outs by the other team. KO executed this perfectly in the 2nd half against UC. If you recorded the game go back and you'll notice how often they attacked the paint immediately when they got down there. Late in the game when they were up, they begin to run some clock and they struggled again to get good shots, but there comes a time in the game when you want to do that.

On a side note, I thought KO made the mistake in the Memphis game to take the air out of the ball with about 9 minutes to go. Their offense went sour from that point on. Granted they still won the game big, but I was concerned that their lack of execution could carry over to the next game. It was hard to tell since their half-court offense at times against UC last night and over the past few weeks has been terrible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As soon as the game tips Ollie should work on getting a technical. He should be all over the refs to call an even game. Do I think the refs favor Ville on purpose. No I don't. But it is a mindset, and Ollie has to move the refs off that mindset.
Fouls are fouls and should not be shrugged off as hard nose defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom