Favorite Ollieism of 2014 | The Boneyard

Favorite Ollieism of 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't even know where to start because KO is an inspirational quote machine, but this was one of my favorites heading into our Sweet 16 showdown in MSG and after UK.

Kevin Ollie @CoachKO_UConn · Mar 24
Don't c Problems, c Possibilities. The Garden is always the best place 2 plant Seeds! I know the UConn Family will represent at MSG!!

Kevin Ollie @CoachKO_UConn · Apr 9
Clear your mind of Can't.. Take the roof off, it's no limits if you Believe.. Don't call us 2 Chainz but call us 2 Champs!! UConn Luv..

Reaction Score
It was the confident and immediate response to Bonnie Bernstein of CBS during their halftime interview at NC game.
BB: "OK coach, we know Kentucky is a great second half team. How are you going to stop them?
KO (smiling) "Well we're a great second half team too!"
It was a priceless example of Ollie not permitting others to define his team or set the narrative.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
It was the confident and immediate response to Bonnie Bernstein of CBS during their halftime interview at NC game.
BB: "OK coach, we know Kentucky is a great second half team. How are you going to stop them?
KO (smiling) "Well we're a great second half team too!"
It was a priceless example of Ollie not permitting others to define his team or set the narrative.
loved it... KO stopped her with the quickness

Reaction Score
“Somebody told me we were Cinderellas, and I was like, 'No, we're UConn,'" Ollie said. “I mean this is what we do. We are born for this. We’re bred to cut down nets. We’re not chasing championships, championships are chasing us.

Reaction Score
“Somebody told me we were Cinderellas, and I was like, 'No, we're UConn,'" Ollie said. “I mean this is what we do. We are born for this. We’re bred to cut down nets. We’re not chasing championships, championships are chasing us.

Close Thread..... They don't get better than this!

Reaction Score
He said something along the lines of "people thought UConn went away, and we were just lapping everybody."

"People thought we fell behind, when they see us coming up," said Ollie, who played at UConn from 1991 to 1995. "We were just lapping everyone."

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

If you took a poll, this would win imo. I don't think there's any way it can't be this.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
There really are too many of them... but here's one I didn't remember, until I re-read it a couple of days ago:

“Everybody was kind of picturing them as the giant,” UConn coach Kevin Ollie said of the Spartans, “and we didn’t want to wait for the giant. We wanted to go meet our giant.”

That's just an incredible quote.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
If you took a poll, this would win imo. I don't think there's any way it can't be this.
Agreed I also like the one, it's about the name on our chest not what is on our backs

Reaction Score

How could any real UConn fan not love this!!! WE ARE UCONN !!!!

Reaction Score
I was a big fan of when he simply said "...we're gonna win this game."
That was a great moment I will never forget. For a second I thought he had gone too far because coaches don't usually go out on that limb.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Not a direct ollieism but I knew we were going to win the title the week at MSG before the Iowa State game when there was a picture of Iowa state team stuck in the Elevator in the bowels of MSG and the caption said " Uconn takes the stairs"

Absolutely perfect and no stopping our run then. You couldn't script that moment any better. Ultimate mojo.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Not a direct ollieism but I knew we were going to win the title the week at MSG before the Iowa State game when there was a picture of Iowa state team stuck in the Elevator in the bowels of MSG and the caption said " Uconn takes the stairs"

Absolutely perfect and no stopping our run then. You couldn't script that moment any better. Ultimate mojo.

Ha I didn't see that, was it a picture or video before pregame (If so lets get TCF on the gif image ha)

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
My personal favorite was when he said, "I'm not going anywhere. I'm right where I want to be."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom