Favorite Husky of All Time | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Favorite Husky of All Time

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
It has to be Richard Hamilton. He had a great college and pro career then someone wrote a musical about him that went all the way to Broadway. I haven't seen it yet but I hear it's wonderful.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Donyell was my first; Ray was my first TRUE love, and has never been less than 1b ...

Khalid is one of my favorites for his IT factor and how he played; probably my favorites to watch/smoothest are BG and Marcus Williams.

Kemba and Bazz are such legends to me, they're tough to even describe but they're no lower than top 5 ... But Shabazz, as a Husky, has probably taken ownership over Ray (strong 20 year run or so) as my #1 all time.

My list for favorite players, in order, is probably: 1) Bazz 2) Ray 3(t)) Kemba & Gordon ... If I HAD to choose a 5th it may change based on my day. I honestly don't know.

Khalid, Donyell and Marcus are probably tied for 5th, but Rip and Emeka are right there. So tough. I hate / love being a Husky fan...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My handle says it all. Khalid is my favorite player of all time. After him it is probably Kemba and then a bunch of the guys that played when I was there, Caron, Emeka, TRob, Ben, Rashad and the brothers from the Brown family Denham, Taliek and Justin.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Personal favorites, not the best, obv:
1. Rashad Anderson
2. Khalid
3. Kemba

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Another guy I really like is Donnell Beverly. He never lit up the scoreboard, rarely did anything that would make a highlight reel, and never played professionally after college. Still, I don't think the run in '11 would've been possible without him. He was a steadying influence on and off the court and was almost a player/coach kind of guy. He also graduated in 4 years, never did anything to draw negative attention to the program, and never demanded the spotlight/walked out when it wasn't given to him. We hear the "look yourself in the mirror" and "play for what's on the front of your jersey" an awful lot now, but DBev was a guy who didn't say it. He did it.

Reaction Score
Another guy I really like is Donnell Beverly. He never lit up the scoreboard, rarely did anything that would make a highlight reel, and never played professionally after college. Still, I don't think the run in '11 would've been possible without him. He was a steadying influence on and off the court and was almost a player/coach kind of guy. He also graduated in 4 years, never did anything to draw negative attention to the program, and never demanded the spotlight/walked out when it wasn't given to him. We hear the "look yourself in the mirror" and "play for what's on the front of your jersey" an awful lot now, but DBev was a guy who didn't say it. He did it.

Great kid. Loved what he brought to that team.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The late, great Wesley Bialosuknia, a/k/a "The Poughkeepsie Popper".

And Wes was really from Hyde Park, NY - town just north of Poughkeepsie. Graduated from FDR High School.

Reaction Score
Personal favorites were Rashad Anderson and Stanley Robinson. Rashad seemed to hit almost every three he took and Stanley could jump through the roof and dunk on just about anyone. The two players in my avatar weren't too shabby either.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Gun to my head I'd have to go with Shabazz. No gun it's more like Shabazz, Rip, Caron and always loved AJ too.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Caron... loved watching this kid play in person. I was courtside for this and it just made me appreciate everything he and UCONN brought to the table: hustle, athleticism, smarts, swagger.

To me, the absolute best part about that play, is that he just got up and ran back to play defense. No big deal. Just get back in position on D. That is why he belongs on everyone's short list of all time Husky greats.

Reaction Score
I go back to the early 60s
My favorites are Wes Bialosuknia the greatest huskie shooter of all time
Saw him score 50. Many of his hoops were long range before the 3 point line
Kemba 2nd favorite
Rashad Anderson next
Shabazz next
Also loved Emeka,Rip, Ray,John Gwynn, Bob Boyd, and Neil’s Griffey.
Toby Kimball should be on your list.

Reaction Score
I’ve got to include Donyell. He gave us a lot of highs and some lows during his UConn playing career.....but didn’t forget about the University—-providing generous financial support ($100K) when he turned pro.

Reaction Score
El-Amin.

I moved to Connecticut from Florida in 1999 and the gym teacher at my elementary school in Florida (Coach Bobby from Brooklyn) had a poster of Khalid in his "Connecticut" jersey up in the gym.

Because of that, when I told my classmates where I was moving they thought it was cool.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Donyell
Ray
Rip
El-Amin
Caron
Bazz
Scott Burrell-it's a area thing plus he's a cool dude
***Johnny Time & Rudy Johnson personal glue-guy favorites

Reaction Score
Selvie

mar-2002-caron-butler-johnny-selvie-and-taliek-brown-of-connecticut-picture-id72282717.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom