Favorite game this season? | The Boneyard

Favorite game this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know there where multiples but do you have one favorite?

For me it was MSU in Germany. Totally blew me away, new coach, new team and fantastic results. This was a confidence booster that carried throughout the season. Ollie proving (vs Izzo) that he belongs and has coaching potential.

A big middle finger game (to Alex, haters/doubters and NCAA) and an announcement to the world UConn basketball is coming back!

It just seemed to set the stage for the season.

2nd place goes to ND game.

D

Deleted member 3149

Michigan State. It was a big "duck You" to the college basketball world.

Loved the Quinnipiac, Gtown, Cuse, and Marquette games too.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Michigan State game was pretty awesome - almost felt like a Final Four game. Definitely a "Where not going anywhere" statement.

Syracuse game was amazing. Loved sending them home with the Loss. Last time we played them in the Big East and I was at the game so that might have to be my favorite.

Reaction Score
A lot of great games this season, I waited 5 hours to get a front row seat for the Georgetown game and beating Cuse for the last time was crazy, but I will never forget that Michigan State game. I was at the Rent tailgating and we were blasting the radio listening intently to the game. Soon enough we realized that fellow tailgaters brought a tv in the back of their SUV and we made friends. By the end of the game there were something like 25-30 people surrounding the small SUV. I could barely see the screen but I could tell what was going on by the cheers. Almost missed the entire first half of the football game but it was a great experience.

Reaction Score
Anybody know where I can watch that game, again? UConn vs. MSU..

Reaction Score
First and Last..............MSU because no one thought we could and PC because it was on our way out and a to everyone, with half a team!!

Reaction Score
1. Cuse
2. MSU
3. 2nd PC game

And even though we lost, the GTown game was epic.

Reaction Score
It was the opener against Michigan state for me. Listened to the game on the radio while tailgating the football game and spent more time biting refresh on my phone than id like to admit once inside the rent. The crowd went nuts when it was announced they won. I woke up at the crack of dawn to watch on dvr the next morning bc I wasn't going to be able to focus on anything before seeing it. That game was a statement to the rest of the nation we were not going to go away and that Ollie was the right choice.
Runner up has to be syracuse for me.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Take out the last two minutes and it's the Georgetown game. It had everything. Top opponent, awesome home crowd, big comeback and Omar's shot. I think even with the loss it's still my favorite game of the year (I couldn't watch any of the Michigan State game).

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Just because I was there, the Cuse games goes up top for me. The place was swarming with orange shirts (and I myself was sitting in a pro-cuse section) so the result was that much sweeter. Not to mention sending them out with the "bad taste of UConn in their mouth" was fantastic.

Reaction Score
Great thread.

The Georgetown game was great. If Boat had hit DD for a thunder dunk at the end of first OT it would have been top 5 all time games. Even though we lost the game was awesome, the atmosphere was awesome, and the announcers who wrote UConn off early changed their pov and was praising UConn pretty well late.

The team never gave up, it was a great game to watch.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
MSU , Syracuse and Georgetown

Reaction Score
Cuse and Mich st.

Mich st was the better win, but sending cuse out with a bad taste of uconn in their mouth cannot be beat.

Reaction Score
Cuse and GTown were two games I'll never forget. If only Niels had hit his shot at the end of reg we would have gone on a 7-0 run in 5 seconds ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'd give the Cuse game a slight edge because of the win and subsequent dejection of the orange plague on the way out of the XL.

I am excluding MSU beccause I was at the two other games and I bailed on the PITT football game which happened to be our best home football game to watch it.

Reaction Score
Top 3:

1. Michigan St.

2. Fordham (yeah this may sound weird, but the shooting was awesome)

3. G-Town

Notables: Cuse and both Providence games.

Reaction Score
I take my previous statement back. Favorite game is Kentucky losing to Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT

Reaction Score
MSU because it set the tone for the whole season, and put teams on notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom