Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne

Reaction Score
Very hard for us in the long run to change the UConn FB story w/o more success with the top kids in the state. Plus top local kids can boost fan interest in a big way. Watercooler talk reaches a broader audience of appreciation when you can kid A from X local high school was the star of last weekends game against Y.

Jones just might be one of the real top 5 kids this year. We'll find out over the next several years before he goes in the first round.

Maybe next year can be the year we land a top 5 local kid.

Reaction Score
I think UCF being game 1 is our best chance to beat them. New coaching staff and all
I rather have them late in the year, cold, snow, sleet. Yet we continually schedule the Florida teams early at home.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If rather have them late in the year, cold, snow, sleet. Yet we continually schedule the Florida teams early at home.

“We” don’t - the Conference office does the conference scheduling.

C

Chief00

Freshman Travis Jones from New Haven at 6-5 350 pounds is a real beast from what I have read and will probable start. Seems to have the full package - size, quick feet, strength, hard worker and quick study. It will be nice having a DL who can play either tackle or DE. Good reading Randy may play 4 man line more, a silent refute of the defensive coordinator scheme - which offensives ran downhill on. With a lineman like Jones, I like a 4 man front - tougher to double team and if they do - a blitz guy will likely be free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
No favors to UConn with the scheduling.

So how’s that conversation go...

“Morning Mike, Dave Benedict here. We were sitting around talking last night up here in Storrs and have a favor to ask of you and the scheduling folks. Could you please schedule our home games with UCF and USF in late November so we have a bit of a competitive advantage those years.” ;)

Reaction Score

“Morning Mike, Dave Benedict here. We were sitting around talking last night up here in Storrs and have a favor to ask of you and the scheduling folks. Could you please schedule our home games with UCF and USF in late November so we have a bit of a competitive advantage those years.” ;)
I get it man, but would love to see these guys freeze.

Reaction Score

The way it usually works is that conferences try to schedule games that matter at the end of the year. That's why Michigan/Ohio State is virtually always the last week on the schedule. As we work our way back to respectability, we should see our UCF/USF games moved backwards in the schedule. There are sometimes other considerations but conferences want compelling games late in the year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

“Morning Mike, Dave Benedict here. What the heck is up with scheduling us against the undefeated and arguable National champ, UCF in August for gods sake? Look we are in middle of a rebuild here and you give a ranked opponent before our guys can even get their feet underneath them? What the heck is that about? You're killing us Mike, absolutely killing us. Look I know you can't change this but you owe me here. How about making it up to us next year?”

Reaction Score
Stole this from Reddit if anyone likes their numbers as pictures

uconn%20-%20sp%2B%20-%20red-green.png
This well be very interesting to look at at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
How about, hey commish, AD David Benedict here and I want to note 2 things as to scheduling

You may not appreciate this, but in our BE days, it was an annual tradition for UConn- USF to conclude the season playing each other. As the conf has almost zero traditions, could you please restart this one. And, Mike, why I have you and we are talking tradition, how many conf rivalries with a trophy at stake play Week 1? If we want to talk like we are P6, perhaps we should act like it. Just sayin'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom