Fairfield game | The Boneyard

Fairfield game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn up 7-5 going to the top of the 5th. UConn trailed 5-2 going to the bottom of the 4th. A big double by Mazilli, then followed by a triple by Melley plated 5 runs in the 4th.
Coletti is pitching. He gave up 4 runs in the 3rd. I know Penders is trying to develope the freshmen. But with Butler & Tabakmann who both have experience as starters I have to question his decesions. Let's face it, Carson Cross redshirted his frosh year. Look at him now.

Reaction Score
UConn up 7-5 going to the top of the 5th. UConn trailed 5-2 going to the bottom of the 4th. A big double by Mazilli, then followed by a triple by Melley plated 5 runs in the 4th.
Coletti is pitching. He gave up 4 runs in the 3rd. I know Penders is trying to develope the freshmen. But with Butler & Tabakmann who both have experience as starters I have to question his decesions. Let's face it, Carson Cross redshirted his frosh year. Look at him now.
I wonder what's going on also. It looks like he may be grooming Tabakman as maybe the closer if not this year certainly next year. Since I cannot see why he wouldn't be starting Tabakman during these crucial mid-week games plus also the fact that you would think Tabakman might be a weekend starter next year. With the possibility of Cross, Ward and Marzi all leaving after this year you have to wonder who our weekend starters would be next year? But Penders certainly knows more than us about who potentially may return next return. i'm sure he has a feel.

Reaction Score
UConn now up 10-5, going into the 7th. Butler in for relief of Colletti. I like using Butler and Tabakman in relief. That way they can pitch both the weekend conference series and the midweek games. Otherwise, the bullpen would be spread pretty thin with all the use it gets.

Reaction Score
Testani triples to extend the lead to 12-5. Little used Max Slade in to pitch the 9th.

Reaction Score
Game Notes:- UConn scored double-digit runs for the fourth time this season.
- LJ Mazzilli is a perfect 18-for-18 in stolen base attempts.
- The top of the order (Verdi, Ferriter, Mazzilli) combined to go 7-for-11 with six runs and five RBI.
- Billy Ferriter is riding an eight-game hit streak, hitting .394 (13-for-33) over that stretch.
- Eric Yavarone had his second nine-game hit streak of the season snapped.
- UConn stole at least five bases for the eighth time this season.
- The Huskies turned three double plays for the second time this season.
- The five errors committed are a season-high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom