Fagnano it is | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Fagnano it is

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
12 Td’s 45 interceptions
Well, he was completing passes, just always not to his teammates.
Kristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Jack Zergiotis was a gunslinger. Wasn’t mobile though and was often sacked and turned the ball over.
Looks like he’s left Merrimack to play at the University of British Columbia.

My god the Edsall days were dark days.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
FCS QB's have been outplaying ours for years. We'll see on Thursday. I'm actually somewhat encouraged that he beat out the other 2, so long as it wasn't because he memorized more of the playbook.

Reaction Score
One of the only plays he drew up for Hawk all year - and Hawk nailed it
And that ain't no crap
Huh? Hawk had more plays drawn up for him than anyone else with maybe the exception of Sanogo. Did you watch the games last season?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
FCS QB's have been outplaying ours for years. We'll see on Thursday. I'm actually somewhat encouraged that he beat out the other 2, so long as it wasn't because he memorized more of the playbook.
Will be interesting. Theoretically he will have better players around him, but of course generally better opposition. I’ll be there, loyal through thick and too much thin. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Cole Welliver isn't coming to Storrs to sit and I think he was told he wouldn't.
Whomever plays this season is only keeping the starter's seat warm for CW
Regarding Fagnano - I have to believe he earned it but he is going to have a really short leash as will all this seasons QBs
Oh yes - meant CW not McDonald

Reaction Score
FCS QB's have been outplaying ours for years.
It’s so true. I can’t tell you how many times we sat in the stands —or watched on TV and said “how come we can’t seem to get a guy like that FCS QB”? I guess it’s not that easy cause we’re not alone. Lots of NFL successes played at smaller schools.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
So much of QB play is not about measurables... Sure 6'4" is nice, but - Fit for the offense, mesh with the coach, chemistry with receivers -- landing in the right place can be a roll of the dice.

Reaction Score
It’s so true. I can’t tell you how many times we sat in the stands —or watched on TV and said “how come we can’t seem to get a guy like that FCS QB”? I guess it’s not that easy cause we’re not alone. Lots of NFL successes played at smaller schools.
Couple years ago both Holy Cross and Yale had multiple QBs get in the game better than our guys. Some coaches can't spot QB talent.

Reaction Score
Charlton didn’t show much progress last year? On a team whose run game was stellar and got to 6 wins? Sure the pass game was limited, but I think this was exactly a result of a coordinator doing his job and knowing what he had in order to limit turnovers. I think the opposite, he hasn’t shown us anywhere near what he has nor what he’s picked up just a year under mora.
Seems like not much has changed. The Maine boys are not cut out for this level of football! I don’t take pleasure in being right but I take pleasure in proving you wrong.

Reaction Score
Seems like not much has changed. The Maine boys are not cut out for this level of football! I don’t take pleasure in being right but I take pleasure in proving you wrong.

Fagnano looked fine. Our receivers were abysmal. Some unacceptable drops, and for most of the night no one was open for him to throw to. He's a serviceable QB who did a good job stepping up into the pocket when pressure came. I will say that he needs to take some mustard off some of his passes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mods, please change the title of this thread to reflect actual game film.

Reaction Score
Give Fagnano one more start and then look at options. His arm strength isn't great. He looks to be a game manager on a team that is run dominate.

Reaction Score
His most telling characteristic was indecision.
I'm not sure if he wasn't on the same page as the receivers or what. every time he went to a read they were covered and then he couldn't decide to check it down, wait for someone to get open, or take off and run. the timing certainly isn't there yet

Reaction Score
You could not wait to come and post this. That’s a pretty good team with a pretty good defense we played against.
Offense play calling was one sided again. No downfield threat. The “creative calls” resulted in two near turnovers.

Zero ability to run any RPO/play action. It’s just not a good OC/QB combo. They’re not fit for this level and that’s ok to accept that.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
You could not wait to come and post this. That’s a pretty good team with a pretty good defense we played against.
Here's the problem- If we hope to reverse our gradual decline to middle tier CFB obscurity this is precisely the level of team we need to beat. Admittedly Fagnano's play wasn't the only problem- but it contributed to a pretty week effort.

Reaction Score
Offense play calling was one sided again. No downfield threat. The “creative calls” resulted in two near turnovers.

Zero ability to run any RPO/play action. It’s just not a good OC/QB combo. They’re not fit for this level and that’s ok to accept that.
I think Charlton's offense is great. I'm just not sure how good of a playcaller he is. I have a feeling the first 10-15 plays were scripted, and it worked out great.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
the overthrows were so frustrating, we had multiple chances for big time opportunity plays, and he just threw the ball over sometimes wide open receivers heads, between that the horrible reffing, and not getting our tight ends involved almost at all, that was incredibly frustrating

Reaction Score
I think Charlton's offense is great. I'm just not sure how good of a playcaller he is. I have a feeling the first 10-15 plays were scripted, and it worked out great.
Thats a great point. He’s fantastic on paper. Unable to adjust in-game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom