F*!# You Shane Battier.... | The Boneyard

F*!# You Shane Battier....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ESPN promoting today's Dook/exCuse game and Battier says "Welcome to the ACC Syracuse...welcome to a real basketball conference".

*&^%$#....where do I start?????

Reaction Score
ESPN promoting today's Dook/exCuse game and Battier says "Welcome to the ACC Syracuse...welcome to a real basketball conference".

&^%$#....where do I start?????
You can start alex by remembering, and it's obvious every time you look at him, going back to 1999 when we were extremely happy to grab a piece of hardware from their grubby paws, that he is forever known as "Groovehead". To his miserable credit, he has turned a less than stellar career at Puke(Senior Stats 9.1 ppg, 3.5 rpg, & 1.5 ast) into a lucrative NBA career complete with ring.

This game tonight presents a real dilemma for me personally because both programs make me want to "duke" violently. BUT, simply because I would love to see 32K or so orange clad "real basketball fans" slowly trudge into a, hopefully, bitter cold Syracuse night with a large "L" dangling before their collective eyes, I am going to be rooting( as much as any Husky fan can bring themselves to) for Puke to break the streak. And I guess, if that happens, the Cuse will have collected their first "real" loss. Does that mean Cincinnati doesn't have to worry because it won't be a "real" loss if we beat them Thursday night? :rolleyes:

GO HUSKIES!!!
BEAT THE BEARCATS!!!
555.jpg

Reaction Score
anyone have that pic of Lamb scoring in Battier's face the other night

Reaction Score
I know his comment didn't really bother anybody............................Right?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I fully expect for Cuse to fail to uphold any BE bragging rights when given the opportunity.

Reaction Score

&^%$#....where do I start?????
The ACC had been playing second fiddle to the BE for the last several years, which has really frosted all of ACC-land. I just don't know how the second fiddle could ever be called the "real" basketball conference. Just more delusional thinking by one of their own. I think he subscribes to this line of thinking...if you say it often enough, people will start believing it!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Hate to side with lizard head, but the BE is no longer a real conference. It's dead.

There only a disfigured abomination running around wearing a BE costume.

Reaction Score
If I paid attention to every winey biatch from the ACC I would have no time to listen or watch anything else this time of year. I care about what he has to say about as much as the leader of North Korea.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Hate to side with lizard head, but the BE is no longer a real conference. It's dead.

Moot. Cuse didn't leave the current bastardizatiom. They left the best basketball conference that ever was.

Ptooey.

Reaction Score
To his miserable credit, he has turned a less than stellar career at Puke(Senior Stats 9.1 ppg, 3.5 rpg, & 1.5 ast) into a lucrative NBA career complete with ring.

GO HUSKIES!!!
BEAT THE BEARCATS!!!
555.jpg

I do believe he averaged between 19 and 21 his senior season. The numbers you listed were on the 1999 team, his soph season. You are right, though, he has had a solid NBA career.

Reaction Score
Wow, a picture of Battier standing up while defending a drive? That's rarer than a photo of the yeti.
Actually I think he was trying to draw a charge on that play. LOL.

Reaction Score
The way he said it with a wry smile it was clear even he knew it was bull

Reaction Score

Ummm you don't get it.....Raisin head's comment makes it sounds like Cuse came from a lousy conference when in fact they came from the best & deepest hoops conference in history. A conference that the ACC could only top by violating it repeatedly.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
alexd. said:
Ummm you don't get it.....Raisin head's comment makes it sounds like Cuse came from a lousy conference when in fact they came from the best & deepest hoops conference in history. A conference that the ACC could only top by violating it repeatedly.

I get it. What you and a few others don't get is that the BE is dead and therefore can't be better than the ACC, in spite of Shano meant. All this talk is good for is taking a few shots at Duke and the C7. I'm pleased to see a few did get it. Got it?

Reaction Score
You can start alex by remembering, and it's obvious every time you look at him, going back to 1999 when we were extremely happy to grab a piece of hardware from their grubby paws, that he is forever known as "Groovehead". To his miserable credit, he has turned a less than stellar career at Puke(Senior Stats 9.1 ppg, 3.5 rpg, & 1.5 ast) into a lucrative NBA career complete with ring.

I'm all for the screw you Battier sentiment, but you need to check your stats. Battier's senior year was 19.9ppg, 7.3rpg, 2.3bpg, 2.1spg, and 1.8apg. That's a great year by any standard. And his career numbers are almost 2000pts, 900 reb, and 250 assists, blocks, and steals. Clearly he didn't deserve being the 6th pick of the draft, but he had wayyyyyyyy more than a stellar career.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm all for the screw you Battier sentiment, but you need to check your stats. Battier's senior year was 19.9ppg, 7.3rpg, 2.3bpg, 2.1spg, and 1.8apg. That's a great year by any standard. And his career numbers are almost 2000pts, 900 reb, and 250 assists, blocks, and steals. Clearly he didn't deserve being the 6th pick of the draft, but he had wayyyyyyyy more than a stellar career.
He's still tied with Patrick Ewing as the 2 ugliest men in basketball

Reaction Score

He won basically every national player of the year award they give out as a senior, Wooden, Naismith, AP, Robertson, you name it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom