F the ACC - Official UCONN vs NCState prediction thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

F the ACC - Official UCONN vs NCState prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think it will be a close game, low scoring too. Still not sold on the overall offensive production that we are seeing. Our D and ST almost out scored our offense against UMass... That should not have been the case. We are going to need ST and D to play really well to win this game. 14-10 good guys win, and we are on our way to a bowl game!!

Not to quibble, but if we win this one "bowl game" is going to be far, far from the goal.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Absolutely have to beat BCS OOC opponents (especially at home), otherwise Big East continues to be a joke of a football conference.

Don't disagree with this but, to me, what's important is UConn winning this beacuse of the way the season sets up if they do. Not much to be done for the Big East in the short term - they still get slammed for what teams leaving do and for what teams coming in do and when they do get a stray win the other team obviously 'wasn't as good as we thought'. What's going to help the BE is a couple of teams having very good seasons not the stray good game. I want UConn to be one of those teams and this game is a potentially huge one in that regard.

Reaction Score
I agree that we need to move the football and I think we will. I am also doubtful that we'll see all that much of the wildcat. maybe a play here and there near the goal line to get another option, maybe a series somewhere just to shake things up, but overall, I don't expect to see anywhere near as much as we say against Umass. I'm also pretty confident that we'll see more consistent offensive line play. I personally don't believe for a minute that we'll see all the switching positions and bringing guys in and out that we saw Thursday night. I expect that we'll see the top 5 guys out there for most if not all the game. All of that will make a tremendous difference.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I agree that we need to move the football and I think we will. I am also doubtful that we'll see all that much of the wildcat. maybe a play here and there near the goal line to get another option, maybe a series somewhere just to shake things up, but overall, I don't expect to see anywhere near as much as we say against Umass. I'm also pretty confident that we'll see more consistent offensive line play. I personally don't believe for a minute that we'll see all the switching positions and bringing guys in and out that we saw Thursday night. I expect that we'll see the top 5 guys out there for most if not all the game. All of that will make a tremendous difference.

This. I'm pretty sure PP knew he could pick the score last week. I suspect he had three things in mind: 1) What do I need to see; 2) What do I want future opps to have on film; and 3) Will the boneyard be impressed enough? I can't speak to how he'd prioritize those but I know how I'd want him to.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
I say UCONN W 31 28 - 21
RB's will bust the NC secondary for solid runs up the middle with lots of 6+ypc . And a good mix of short and medium passes. Maybe some slants in the seams.
D will be excellent again and specials will be solid.

Reaction Score
I dont get why people think this is going to be close. I just dont.

44- 23 UConn wins

Reaction Score
i'm really looking forward to what this defense can do against a legit 1A BCS type opponent. i think we'll be devastating.

Reaction Score
I think our D will be solid - I'll be interested to see how our new QB performs against BCS competition. As long as we do enough to win I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom