Everything wrong with football coaches in one decision | The Boneyard

Everything wrong with football coaches in one decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Carolina up a point at Atlanta with 1:20 left. 4th an 1. A terrible defense.

On the road with a team that is going nowhere.

They elect to punt.

They deserve to lose and will.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Now they are in the ridiculous position of trying to ice the kicker. Maybe had you just tried to convert 4th and 1 from midfield with Cam Newton you wouldn't be stuck trying to ice kickers.

We must be near the tipping point where teams start to try to win right? Please tell me we are.

Reaction Score
They lost. The HC did not think they can make a few inches. No guts no glory!!!

Reaction Score
Cam Newton is unbelievable at converting in short yardage situations too...

And then after the deep ball caught by Roddy White, Atlanta still needed some yards to get into FG range and Carolina was giving them 10 yard chunks on wide open sideline completions. Just terrible coaching.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of the time we were 4th and 1 from a TD before halftime @ Rutgers a couple of years ago and edsall kicked a field goal...if you can't get a yard don't show up

Reaction Score
Like passing when all you need is a couple of yards for a very very make-able kick.....FK i hate the eagles ...ridiculous play calling.

Reaction Score
Like passing when all you need is a couple of yards for a very very make-able kick.....FK i hate the eagles ...ridiculous play calling.

Yep that went from a 39 yd FG to a 54 yarder with that penalty, but what are you doing throwing it into the endzone to begin with. All you had to do was throw a screen pass, stupid this is on the coaching staff and no im not saying fire coughlin that was an absolute bonehead decision to throw deep. The sad thing is the offensive line did a great job especially Will Beatty, and the running game did well.

Reaction Score
Yep that went from a 39 yd FG to a 54 yarder with that penalty, but what are you doing throwing it into the endzone to begin with. All you had to do was throw a screen pass, stupid this is on the coaching staff and no im not saying fire coughlin that was an absolute bonehead decision to throw deep. The sad thing is the offensive line did a great job especially Will Beatty, and the running game did well.

Yes Beatty handled Cole by himself all night an did a GREAT job, was really pumped up when he pancaked him in the 2nd quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom