evan:Hear Pascal Chukwu will visit Providence | The Boneyard

evan:Hear Pascal Chukwu will visit Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What else is there to do today......Ollie, Calhoun and Blaney all golfing at Travelers so might as well go to Providence and eat some Italian food!!

Try the Mexican or SE Asian. Best I've had anywhere (including Mexico and San Diego). But Italian? Like the chants of Brown fans when they play Providence: "Ovvvvveeerrrrrrrraaaattttttted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Reaction Score
Try the Mexican or SE Asian. Best I've had anywhere (including Mexico and San Diego). But Italian? Like the chants of Brown fans when they play Providence: "Ovvvvveeerrrrrrrraaaattttttted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I was talking about Chukwu not me upstater...lol....I was in Quonsett Point today at a customer but got out fast......if I'm not in Newport I leave quick!! LOL.........

Reaction Score
Isn't it a bit early for freshman orientation. Several years ago my wife & I were in Newport on Labor day weekend. PC held freshmen orientation then, and there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Providence is terrible and Cooley is a bad coach and so is the guy who will replace him. I think their athletic director surfs p-o-r-n all day.

(The profanity filter here is comically overused.)

Reaction Score
I am hwaring Mr. Chukwu is joined on campus today by Kaleb Joseph .

Reaction Score
The most controversial thing in this thread is upstater saying Providence italian food is overrated. There is better italian food found in the deli case at large gas stations in Rhode Island than there is in italian restaurants most places

Reaction Score
The most controversial thing in this thread is upstater saying Providence italian food is overrated. There is better italian food found in the deli case at large gas stations in Rhode Island than there is in italian restaurants most places

2 years of living in Providence. Highly overrated. Garibaldi's Mexican up the road, however, is incredible. I like Providence quite a bit as a city. I've actually been served raw chicken at what was their top Italian restaurant at the time. I've been to the Blue Grotto and Al Forno back in the day, Camille's and Siena recently. A place on Wickended that I liked, Turchetta's, closed a while back. The only Italian place that I'd ever bother with in Providence in Pane e Vino, but it's not that special for me to turn down a meal at Apsara's, Garibaldi, Chez Pascal. I have much better luck with Italian elsewhere, esp. Buffalo, Ann Arbor and of course New York City.

Reaction Score
2 years of living in Providence. Highly overrated. Garibaldi's Mexican up the road, however, is incredible. I like Providence quite a bit as a city. I've actually been served raw chicken at what was their top Italian restaurant at the time. I've been to the Blue Grotto and Al Forno back in the day, Camille's and Siena recently. A place on Wickended that I liked, Turchetta's, closed a while back. The only Italian place that I'd ever bother with in Providence in Pane e Vino, but it's not that special for me to turn down a meal at Apsara's, Garibaldi, Chez Pascal. I have much better luck with Italian elsewhere, esp. Buffalo, Ann Arbor and of course New York City.

Well, I'll give you this. Providence is pretty good food wise. However, Rhode Island in general just has great food everywhere. Seafood, italian, breakfast joints etc. Rhode Islanders know and appreciate good food. Cranston, Johnston, Warwick and Oakland Beach all have some great restaurants and those aren't technically Providence.

Reaction Score
Upstater,
When did you live there? Federal hill is excellent. Siena is new and superb.
Some places rest on their laurels; but most are above average.

Reaction Score
Upstater,

I lived there in the late 90s and have many good friends from that period that I visit each year. Ate there last this spring. I usually spend a couple weeks in August in Falmouth and then stay in Providence for a few days. Again, Pane e Vino I like, but there's a place 100 feet from me in Buffalo that's better, and a couple others that are better than anything I had in Providence. I love Providence's restaurants, by the way.

Reaction Score
Upstater,

Oh, and the last statement is what bugged me. Above average is considerably lower than the hype.

Reaction Score
Fair assessment. I think a lot if pretty good places get lumped in with the 4-5 excellent ones. Ches Pascal may be the most overhyped restaurant in the world. I still can't figure out why people bother. I've never tried the place you rave about and I've lived in the area for 30 years. Have to check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom