ESPNW video: Geno - Demanding Perfection | The Boneyard

ESPNW video: Geno - Demanding Perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno quote from Bria: "You don't do something until you get it right, you do it until you can't get it wrong."

Reaction Score
Good stuff. I wondered about some of those male practice players...what motivates them to be out there? What do they get out of the deal? They must really be fans of the team, too, and I wonder how closely they follow the program throughout the season.

Reaction Score
They're getting some pretty good and free coaching lessons should they pursue that vocation.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Geno quote from Bria: "You don't do something until you get it right, you do it until you can't get it wrong."

Polly (my Polly, not your Polly) remarked on this line - I like it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The men are mostly former HS players who didn't have enough height or talent to pursue college MBB, but who love the game. I gather they go through a pretty tough tryout process and there is a waiting list. They have to be smart, know that it isn't about them and keep their egos in check. And they have to make a serious commitment of time. That said, they get to hang out with the WCBB team, the coaches, and the staff and most of us BYers would pay serious money for that, and I suspect they get some serious swag as well. For a former HS star that can't continue in college, being associated with a NC team has got to be fun. and while it is a commitment of time, it isn't as serious a one as actually being on a team.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Polly (my Polly, not your Polly) remarked on this line - I like it.

I've seen this quote tweeted a few times since the segment was put up on ESPN:

Wes Moore ‏@WesMoore1 55m
#QOTD "You don't do it until you get it right, you do it until you cannot get it wrong." @genoauriemma

Geno Auriemma ‏@genoauriemma 1m
@WesMoore1 wow. It's an honor sir.

Bryce McKey ‏@CoachMcKey 13h
"You don't do something until you get it right... You do it until you can't get it wrong." -Geno Auriemma

HGN

Reaction Score
The men are mostly former HS players who didn't have enough height or talent to pursue college MBB, but who love the game. I gather they go through a pretty tough tryout process and there is a waiting list. They have to be smart, know that it isn't about them and keep their egos in check. And they have to make a serious commitment of time. That said, they get to hang out with the WCBB team, the coaches, and the staff and most of us BYers would pay serious money for that, and I suspect they get some serious swag as well. For a former HS star that can't continue in college, being associated with a NC team has got to be fun. and while it is a commitment of time, it isn't as serious a one as actually being on a team.
I was thinking too whether they get some kind of $monetary grant from the Athletic Dept ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom