espnu has tons of high school games today, which do i watch for recruits? | The Boneyard

espnu has tons of high school games today, which do i watch for recruits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just wondering if their is any. I am to lazy to look it up

Reaction Score
Just wondering if their is any. I am to lazy to look it up
I'm going. Games are in Springfield. St. Anthony's plays at 10. Oak Hill vs. Simeon at 2. Monteverde vs. Findley at 4.
Lots of D1 verbals.

Reaction Score
12 pm.
Archbishop Mitty:
No players with known UConn interest. They have Aaron Gordon who is an absolute beast.
Line Peak:
No players with known UConn interest. They have Nick Emery who is goo though.
2 pm.
Oak Hill:
No players with known UConn interest. They have Nate Britt, Troy Williams, and Sindarius Thornwell who are all very good.
Simeon:
No players with known UConn interest. They have Jabari Parker, Kendrick Nunn who are very good
4 pm.
Findlay Prep:
No players with known UConn interest. They have Nigel Williams-Goss, Stanford Robinson, Allerik Freeman, and Gavin Schilling who are all very good.
Montverde:
No players with known UConn interest. They have Dakari Johnson, Kasey Hill, and D'angelo Russell who are very good.
6 pm.
DeMatha:
No players with known UConn interest. They have BeeJay Anya who is very good. They have Brock Ruble who is an offensive lineman for their football team and he has a UConn offer.
Hudson Catholic:
No players with known UConn interest. They have Reggie Cameron who is a great player and great shooter.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Nick Emery is the brother of Jackson, who teamed with Jimmer, and TJ Haws who is brother to the Haws who,scored 42 for BYU earlier this year are both headed to BYU. Reportedly five BYU recruits,are either sons or brothers of prior BYU players...family/ school loyalty and the inherent large size of LDS families are an inherent recruiting advantages for BYU.

Reaction Score
Why aren't we recruiting Aaron Gordon? Kid is downright nasty and still hasn't signed.

Reaction Score
Why aren't we recruiting Aaron Gordon? Kid is downright nasty and still hasn't signed.

We would be way too late to that party. Also wants to stay close to home and he is from California.

Reaction Score

J

JustHusky

We would be way too late to that party. Also wants to stay close to home and he is from California.
I never understand the kids that want to stay close to home. If you had a chance to be part of an elite program, wouldn't you take it?

caw

Reaction Score

I agree with the late to the party talk but he is considering KU and UK from what I understand.

Reaction Score
Game 1, St. Anthony was calm down the stretch and beat Tift County (GA). Brannen Greene (Kansas commit) didnt impress me. Hurley always develops excellent guards.

Gordon is Blake Griffin with a jump shot, but the Utah team blew their doors off. Gordon had little help. Lone Peak has a big who's going to BYU who is OK, but they must have shot 75% behind the arc. No conscience. No need for a shot clock with them.

Simeon beat Oak Hill by double digits. Jabari Parker has a great all-around game. Troy Williams was impressive from Oak Hill. I really liked Simeon's point guard, Jaylon tate. Oak Hill tried trapping on every possession but he controlled the game.

Montverde and Finley are both stacked with D1 guys. But it was a sloppy game. Lot of holding. Missed chippies.

And no I didnt see any of our staff there. I saw Creme, Purnell and many mid-major guys. It wouldve been nice to have a presence there. If not for the seniors, shouldve been looking at the underclassmen.

Reaction Score
I was kind of startled by how bad Aaron Gordon's team was. Lone Peak was stacked with BYU guys and their offense does look like a college offense that you'll see a midmajor run but damn, outside of Gordon, Archbishop Mitty couldn't do anything. You don't usually see a top flight recruit like that all by himself with very little talent next to him. I know Anthony Davis had a situation like that but that's because he was a late bloomer and stayed with his school.

Reaction Score
BYU is gonna be good when all these kids get back from their mission and are 22 year old sophomores.

Reaction Score
I think Troy Williams is way over-rated great athlete but cant shoot and makes bad decisions. Thornwell for Oak hill is good.

Jaylon Tate transfered to Simeon for his Junior year and they barely played him really hurt his recruitment. Illinois only offered him after they lost out on Demetrius Jackson and Dayshon Smith. Hes really playing well this year. Jabari is getting back into shape and looking like himself.

Not sure if UConn is really recruiting any Chicago kids?? Cliff Alexander and Jahlil OKafor are both off to monster starts but dont think were in good shape for either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom