ESPN updated 2014 rankings | The Boneyard

ESPN updated 2014 rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems like Myles Turner exploded. Hopefully we make a good push at him. Oubre shot up, Black tanked.

Reaction Score
Why does Ohio State always recruit so well?? I guess location..Anyway DHam is a beast!

Reaction Score
I was going to post this, but you beat me too it!

UConn Targets...
Rashad Vaughn #11
Jordan McLaughlin #18
Kelly Oubre #20 (big jump)
Josh Perkins #24
Ahmed Hill #33
Brandone Francis #34
LeRon Black #36 (fallen some)
Jakeenan Gant #37
Abdul-Malik Abu #44
Kaleb Josesph #51
LJ Peak #54
Paschal Chukwu #58 (big jump - now ranked) - Now they need to complete his scouting report. It's still blank.
Jared Terrell #76

Reaction Score
Black has been injured for most of the spring.. abu made a good jump

Reaction Score
Black has been injured for most of the spring.. abu made a good jump

Haven't watched a whole lot of him, but for those that have would it be accurate to call Black a lesser version of Anthony Bennett? That is kind of the feel I get.

Reaction Score
Haven't watched a whole lot of him, but for those that have would it be accurate to call Black a lesser version of Anthony Bennett? That is kind of the feel I get.

He honestly reminds me of the guy who sponsors his AAU team, Thaddeus Young. Bennett is built differently and has more range on his jumper.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Hate to look too far ahead, but if we signed Chukwu in addition to one of Black/Abu, this would be one of the best recruiting classes in UConn history.

Indeed. I want a true PG as well, though - hopefully Joseph. Keep it local.

Reaction Score
Hate to look too far ahead, but if we signed Chukwu in addition to one of Black/Abu, this would be one of the best recruiting classes in UConn history.

Drummond/Daniels/Boatright is probably better. Other than that maybe the Thabeet class? The Lamb class also wasn't bad. Can't really remember where the old classes ranked.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
purvis,dham,abu,pc......................... (more than likely) 4 all Americans

..................... that would easily be our best class ever

Reaction Score
Drummond/Daniels/Boatright is probably better. Other than that maybe the Thabeet class? The Lamb class also wasn't bad. Can't really remember where the old classes ranked.

The Thabeet class was large with Hasheem Thabeet, Jerome Dyson, Stanley Robinson, Curtis Kelly, Gavin Edwards, Ben Eaves & Jonathan Mandledove.

I'm trying to remember the 1991 Class, but that was pretty highly ranked: Donyell Marshall, Donny Marshall, Brian Fair, Kevin Ollie, Natambu Willingham. Wasn't Rudy Johnson in this class too? He was pretty highly rated but was injured most of his career.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'm trying to remember the 1991 Class, but that was pretty highly ranked: Donyell Marshall, Donny Marshall, Brian Fair, Kevin Ollie, Natambu Willingham. Wasn't Rudy Johnson in this class too? He was pretty highly rated but was injured most of his career.

It was pretty much a consensus top 5 recruiting class.

1991-1992
1. Richie Ashmeade, guard, Queens Village, NY
2. Jeff Calhoun, guard, Mansfield, CT
3. Brian Fair, guard, Phoenix, AZ
4. Rudy Johnson, guard, Jacksonville, FL
5. Donny Marshall, forward, Federal Way, WA
6. Donyell Marshall, forward, Reading, PA
7. Kevin Ollie, guard, Los Angeles, CA
8. Nantambu Willingham, center, Atlanta, GA

Reaction Score
It was pretty much a consensus top 5 recruiting class.

1991-1992
1. Richie Ashmeade, guard, Queens Village, NY
2. Jeff Calhoun, guard, Mansfield, CT
3. Brian Fair, guard, Phoenix, AZ
4. Rudy Johnson, guard, Jacksonville, FL
5. Donny Marshall, forward, Federal Way, WA
6. Donyell Marshall, forward, Reading, PA
7. Kevin Ollie, guard, Los Angeles, CA
8. Nantambu Willingham, center, Atlanta, GA

Wow, I had forgotten about Ashmeade! Didn't he quickly transfer out? I thought Calhoun was a year or so later, but I'm guessing he was a walk on. Boo supposedly had a nice Pro career playing all over the place.

Reaction Score
The Thabeet class was large with Hasheem Thabeet, Jerome Dyson, Stanley Robinson, Curtis Kelly, Gavin Edwards, Ben Eaves & Jonathan Mandledove.

Can't forget Douggie Wiggins in that 2006 class with those guys. Not an elite recruit but I think Telep had him as a top 100 guy.

Reaction Score
The 2000 class with Taliek Brown, Scott Hazelton and Caron Butler was probably the highest ranked UConn class ever. Most had their class ranked either 1 or 2.

Reaction Score
I keep forgetting Hazelton was a McD All American. Thats just another story of a kid that never lived up to expectations.

THC

Reaction Score
I keep forgetting Hazelton was a McD All American. Thats just another story of a kid that never lived up to expectations.

That's the story of a kid who was selected for the McD's game because he was local that year. If that game was played anywhere else he doesn't make the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom