ESPN: UCONN Freshman Katie Lou Samuelson finds Her Footing | The Boneyard

ESPN: UCONN Freshman Katie Lou Samuelson finds Her Footing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like the video of Lou, but am unsure about the lyrics in the audio. :confused:

The video shows nice movement without the ball and her teammates looking for her.

ESPN needed a write-up in support of their choice as NFOY. She may not have had the best season, but she overcame huge challenges and is playing great basketball. She'll be a key the rest of the season.

Yes, she will be The Next Great One. If Morgan goes to the WNBA this summer, Lou could be the leader next year.

Lou's assignment from me for the offseason: develop a Stewie jump hook in the lane.

Reaction Score
"My teammates have been a huge help with that, teaching me how to deal with the negativity, not worry about it, and focus on the positivity. We focus on playing for each other."

In other words, we ignore Geno as much as we can!
That cracks me up!!!

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
A couple notable things:

1. I love when she calls for the ball. In that USF game at one point she gestured to Mo to pass the ball opposite so that whoever was opposite her could hit her with the cross court pass for the 3. She of course nailed it once the pass came back to her.

2. The red-head from ECU was all over her in that game and I was happy when Lou took it to her. (Was that they game they both got double techs?)

3. Dear Lord and Savior above... someone say a prayer for SMU... goodness gracious.

Reaction Score
I like the video of Lou, but am unsure about the lyrics in the audio. :confused:

The video shows nice movement without the ball and her teammates looking for her.

ESPN needed a write-up in support of their choice as NFOY. She may not have had the best season, but she overcame huge challenges and is playing great basketball. She'll be a key the rest of the season.

Yes, she will be The Next Great One. If Morgan goes to the WNBA this summer, Lou could be the leader next year.

Lou's assignment from me for the offseason: develop a Stewie jump hook in the lane.
Milford, I like your comments but if Morgan is not here next year this team's leader will be the girl from Hamilton Ontario.

Reaction Score
Milford, I like your comments but if Morgan is not here next year this team's leader will be the girl from Hamilton Ontario.
IMO, there is no question that Nurse will be the team leader(in Tucks absence)...she is the one who will set the level of intensity, particularly on the defensive end, that UCONN has become known for...Lou still has a bit of that California girl in her but in due course, she and NC will provide the leadership this team has come to rely on

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A nice highlight package from this year someone put together:

Watch this video again, but this time watch the reaction of the coaches and the players on the bench. That's a show in its self. Geno seldom shows any emotion. He expects her shots to fall. Towards the end of the video, one of the opposing coaches "flinches" when one of KLS' 3's go in. THAT was funny!! :D

Opposing coaches should hope that KLS does not find her rhythm during the game. When she's does, she can hit a string of threes, especially if they're feeding her (which they should be doing if she's got the hot hand).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"When I was younger, I wanted to be just like them, so that's where it all started. But once I got older, all I wanted to do was to be better than them."
upload_2016-3-17_18-37-8.png

Your wish has been granted, my dear.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
When she shoots from inside the arc she is as smooth as I've seen in WBB. When she's on this team is essentially last year's team with slightly better defense. Her versatile game a is nightmare to opposing 2's, 3's, and 4's. As time goes on she will develop better footwork inside. She will post up players both larger and smaller. She will defend better on the block. A true all around player and a future AA. Maybe next year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When she shoots from inside the arc she is as smooth as I've seen in WBB. When she's on this team is essentially last year's team with slightly better defense. Her versatile game a is nightmare to opposing 2's, 3's, and 4's. As time goes on she will develop better footwork inside. She will post up players both larger and smaller. She will defend better on the block. A true all around player and a future AA. Maybe next year.
Yep, yep, and definitely next year.

Reaction Score
Machine gun Katie. You know, like that Kelly chap, only a better shot.

Reaction Score
The world's most beautiful form. But she looks it all the way into the net, and she needs to break off that look and follow her shot. That's not the highest priority for her future improvement--rebounding is. But it's of the same piece. She needs to think more like Napheesa and Gabby: develop a sixth sense of where the ball might bounce and how she might get to that spot.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The world's most beautiful form. But she looks it all the way into the net, and she needs to break off that look and follow her shot. That's not the highest priority for her future improvement--rebounding is. But it's of the same piece. She needs to think more like Napheesa and Gabby: develop a sixth sense of where the ball might bounce and how she might get to that spot.
Also while rebounding she occasionally elects to wait for the ball to come to her. Gabby is the role model for attacking the ball off the rim. Pheese and Gabby just feel once the ball is shot it belongs to them. Ultimately this young lady is going to be a nasty rebounder as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom