ESPN started UConn game late | The Boneyard

ESPN started UConn game late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atleast5char

I did it; I let the dogs out.
Reaction Score
Just a point of interest about the UCONN - Miss. State game: My husband has the game on the radio in the kitchen, and ESPN started the broadcast over 2 minutes of game time into the game (i.e., it was 7-0 on radio when it had just begun on TV).

Reaction Score
I've wondered about that. I don't have cable tv so watching the game on SlingTV, I can have WatchESPN going for another game in the earlier rounds and see what was happening before it actually happened on screen. Last night, I was able to see updates on the scores before they actually happened as well.

Atleast5char

Reaction Score
There's often a 10- to 20-second differential between radio and TV, between our different TVs in the house, and even between different cable providers and ours (my MIL regularly gives away hits and home runs before we see them when we're on the phone during Red Sox games). I've never seen a difference of about 5 minutes of actual time like today on ESPN. Just idly curious as to the reason.

Reaction Score
It wasn't a national thing. Here on the Gulf Coast of Fla., we saw the tip off on ESPN.

Atleast5char

Reaction Score
It wasn't a national thing. Here on the Gulf Coast of Fla., we saw the tip off on ESPN.
Yes, we saw the tip-off as well, but the tip-off on ESPN was about 5 minutes after the game actually started, i.e., a 5-minute tape delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom