ESPN picks Tennessee for this weekend | The Boneyard

ESPN picks Tennessee for this weekend

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme and Michelle Voepel

season 9 episode 23 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Reaction Score
I don't think Voepel did. She said she would have picked them last week, but not in their current state. And she's correct...and probably in agreement with most of the Tennessee fanbase that actually watched the last 3 games.

I don't think you guys need the bulletin board material that much to come out with the W anyway. Tennessee is looking very Holly-esque at the moment, and it's not a good look. Road game vs. UConn probably isn't where it's gonna get fixed either.

Reaction Score
Tennessee is undefeated on Sundays, so I am picking the Lady Vols.

Reaction Score
This isn’t entirely true, while crème normally picks UConn and voepel doesn’t, it sounds like they are choosing UConn this time if you read last sentence.

Reaction Score
UConn is coming off 4 straight road games and 5 of their last 6. UConn has only played 5 home games this season. Sunday's game is at the XL.

UConn rarely plays a team that isn't highly motivated. I expect Tenn to play hard. It's possible they were looking ahead to this game.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
UConn is coming off 4 straight road games and 5 of their last 6. UConn has only played 5 home games this season. Sunday's game is at the XL.

UConn rarely plays a team that isn't highly motivated. I expect Tenn to play hard. It's possible they were looking ahead to this game.
Tennessee has played 3 straight poor games. Arkansas is not that great and UT had to rally to nip them in OT.

Reaction Score
Tennessee has played 3 straight poor games. Arkansas is not that great and UT had to rally to nip them in OT.
would that be the same Arkansas wbb that put 80 on this Uconn team when they were healthy? That same Arkansas team that beat Uconn last year, and put 3 20+ pt scorers on Mulkey's defense? Think you are underestimating Arkansas. Yes they might not be a ntl title contender, but a sweet 16 team is not out of the realm of possibility. Unfortunately for them they have to play in a gauntlet conference.

Reaction Score
I am still picking UConn in this game. Auburn, Arkansas, and Florida gave the field the blueprint on how to beat Tennessee.

Reaction Score
I am picking UConn, but if we can't beat Tennessee at home I am going to enjoy the rest of the season without any championship expectations. As UConn fans we have always looked forward to big games, but now it seems we fear them. I hope Paige does not rush back and jeopardize her career.

Reaction Score
I am still picking UConn in this game. Auburn, Arkansas, and Florida gave the field the blueprint on how to beat Tennessee.
If UCONN played the likes of those 3 teams in one week I doubt they would look as good as they do now . SEC < Big East

Reaction Score
I think Arkansas beats Tennessee if Daniels doesn't leave the game to knee injury. Arkansas isn't super deep scoring the ball once you get past some of their starters, losing Daniels was a gigantic blow for them. Which is why I am impressed they still held on and almost won at the end.

Tennessee will have to take better care of the ball.

Reaction Score

UConn will be the favorite to win but some here are using Tenn's last 3 games to judge how they will play against UConn and I feel they will play a lot better than that.

Reaction Score
If UCONN played the likes of those 3 teams in one week I doubt they would look as good as they do now . SEC < Big East
Both Creighton and Depaul are ranked significantly higher than Florida and Auburn in the NET rankings. So no, SEC is not better than the Big East in every team matchup.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Both Creighton and Depaul are ranked significantly higher than Florida and Auburn in the NET rankings. So no, SEC is not better than the Big East in every team matchup.
And Creighton beat Arkansas 81-72 in Fayetteville.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
would that be the same Arkansas wbb that put 80 on this Uconn team when they were healthy? That same Arkansas team that beat Uconn last year, and put 3 20+ pt scorers on Mulkey's defense? Think you are underestimating Arkansas. Yes they might not be a ntl title contender, but a sweet 16 team is not out of the realm of possibility. Unfortunately for them they have to play in a gauntlet conference.

Arkansas is always fun and dangerous, but they're retooling right now I think.

Reaction Score
The network did not make a pick.
Creme is a person who works for ESPN, who made a pick. Other WCBB analysts who work for ESPN may have different picks.

When Terry Bradshaw or Jimmy Johnson predict who will win the super bowl, nobody says “Fox picks XXX to win.”
That's why I said "Creme picked them". I think UCONN wins.

Reaction Score
And Creighton beat Arkansas 81-72 in Fayetteville.
Arkansas was also missing two starters (Ramirez, Barnum) and a key bench reserve (Ellis). I wouldn't read much from that game. The Arkansas team that started the game vs. Tennessee before Daniels' injury would have no issues with Creighton.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Arkansas was also missing two starters (Ramirez, Barnum) and a key bench reserve (Ellis). I wouldn't read much from that game. The Arkansas team that started the game vs. Tennessee before Daniels' injury would have no issues with Creighton.
With Ramirez in Fayetteville, maybe. In Omaha, nope.

The team with Ramirez, Ellis and Daniels lost to Vandy!

Reaction Score
With Ramirez in Fayetteville, maybe. In Omaha, nope.

The team with Ramirez, Ellis and Daniels lost to Vandy!
and Vanderbilt lost by 55 to South Carolina, every result you can pick and choose. Creighton has done nothing to give anyone reason to think they are a legit team. Playing in the big least is irrelevant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom