ESPN Hoopgurlz updated rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Olivia Nelson-Ododa new #1 in 2018.

Not saying I told ya so, but.....

Sluconn, don't be bashful. When you make a correct call, step forward and take your bow.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm honestly surprised that Williams hasn't committed to UConn already. You guys have been leading for a while for her.
A lot can change between now and signing day, but I don't see this changing.
The highest player in 2018 to commit is Gilbert to ND at #24 (ESPN) of the top 50 2018 ESPN players only 3 have committed. Of the top 15 In 2017 ( ESPN) only 3 players are committed. Much can and will change & Williams is smart in taking her time -but I do hope you are correct.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
To me the difference between greed and gluttony is degree, and I have no compunction against being greedy. Or gluttonous.
All.
I want them all.

I'd bet a good percentage of UConn Nation feels the way you do. We want them all, and make no apology for our glutinous nature.

Reaction Score
Maybe she's waiting for Walker's decision. Walker, Coombs, AEH and Gordon would makes it very crowded at the 2/3. Though I suppose Williams projects to be better than everyone but Walker, so she probably shouldn't worry much about playing time.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sluconn, don't be bashful. When you make a correct call, step forward and take your bow.
Only one problem with that theory @Sluconn Husky would be bowing from now until Thanksgiving.

Some of you must not have seen Nelson-Ododa play yet.

Thanks. No doubt she'll be in demand, but perhaps this signals UConn interest.

UConn needs to get in on Olivia Nelson-Ododa if the Collier thing slips. Not so sure I wouldn't be doing it anyway.

Get Williams and Nelson-Ododa and I'll get over it quickly.

Nelson-Ododa would seem to have an enormous upside with her length, mobility, athleticism, skill, and IQ. I think she's a better fit for UConn despite Collier's offensive skills.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just a reminder about a few other underclass bigs whose names have appeared here before:

Olivia Owens....2018'er....from near Albany. She is the one who...upon seeing Geno enter
the gym...asked the coach to take her out of the game because she was so excited.

Aliyah Boston...Worcester Academy....2019'er. Worcester about an hour away from Storrs....hope we are
checking her out....would love to see her at First Night...along with a myriad of other elite underclass kids.

Mary Baskerville....2018'er...Enfield High, Ct....about one mile from where I live. Based on one viewing last year: nice athleticism...nice defensive skills...raw offensively. Marisa went to see her play....then in a bit of a surprise to me....Geno followed that up with a visit to a game. Daddy C: we have to see her play this season. Afterwards
I can post some wisdom on her game...you can do the opposite....deal???

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Aliyah Boston...Worcester Academy....2019'er. Worcester about an hour away from Storrs.

Mary Baskerville....2018'er...Enfield High, Ct....about one mile from where I live. Daddy C: we have to see her play this season. . . deal???

Geez. a playah named Bahstin in Wistah? And you hounding DaddyChoc to watch Ms Bakerville?

Wicked post!;)

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
IMO whoever said they are waiting for others to decide is right, however, they are all waiting so it is a catch 22. There is no star in these classes as seen from the USA and the necessity to keep mixing up teams along with low stats from EYBL. There are a bunch of players about the same and they are similar so they don't want to go somewhere where they will be competing for playing time with their own class.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just a reminder on roster size:
2016 - 10 (12), with two seniors
2017 - 10 return, 3 committed, one recruit still 'pending' 2 seniors, one academic senior - total 13/14
2018 - 11/12 returning (assuming Stevens returns), no commits.
2019 - 8/9 of 2017 roster returning (assuming Camara stays for her full eligibility - and that there are no transfers from 2016 - 2018!)

The seniors and juniors on this years team are Chong and Lawlor, Nurse and Williams so three guards and a guard/wing. The current commits are 2 guards and a guard/wing.

The remaining 2017 recruit is a wing, and Williams who seems the strongest individual recruiting target for 2018 is a wing.

I tend to think that Walker's decision will have some effect on Williams. And that assuming Stevens does remain for her full eligibility Uconn will ideally look for a class of two in 2018 with center/forward being the highest priority.

2019 estimates become a crap shoot with Walker still in doubt in 2017, no committed players for 2018 and as far as we know no offers out to 2019. Add to that that each of 2017, 2018, and 2019 include a player who will have completed 4 academic years so could choose to turn pro or just leave (Butler 2017, Stevens 2018, Camera 2019) and that Uconn has averaged one transfer out per year for the last about 10 years. (Uconn has also averaged one transfer in per year over the last three years, but I think that is more of an anomaly than the transfer out rate, partly driven by obvious recruiting/roster gaps.)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Chantel Horvat--the Aussie star that uconn made contact over the summer-bolted all the way up to #15. She has committed to the Bruins of UCLA.

Reaction Score
Surprised that no one has mentioned this, Kasiyahna Kushkituah was once within sniffing distance of #1 in the 2017 class has now fallen to #55.

I was wondering about that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01