ESPN Calling For Louisville | The Boneyard

ESPN Calling For Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Heather Dinich from ESPN calling for ACC to pick Louisville to appease FSU and CLemson (as I previously reported - FSU is howling) http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/48600/video-friday-four-downs-28

Seems rather short sighted. Louisville is out on an island geographically and would prefer actually joining the Big 12 - which it may still do even if given an invite from the ACC. UConn would be a better long term fit.

It's all starting to be a war between North and South. Too many yankees for the Southern boys. They looked at BC as an aberation, but now with Syracuse and Pitt one more Yankee just won't do.

Reaction Score
So one columnist writes her opinion, one that is valid to have, and now ESPN as an entity is advocating for Louisville over UConn? That's what one would call a 'stretch.'

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We need conspiracy kitty to establish the appropriate level of panic on this. Is HD floating this for ESPN or is she merely the lowest level employee they will allow to post content gone off the reservation?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Heather Dinich, not ESPN.

While it is Heather and not ESPN, she has been the mouth piece for ACC football for many years, reporting exclusively on ACC football 365 days a year.

The important thing here is she is echoing a sentiment prevelent in the ACC. FSU and Clemson REALLY don't want UConn and the rest of the ACC doesn't want to get them mad.

Reaction Score
While it is Heather and not ESPN, she has been the mouth piece for ACC football for many years, reporting exclusively on ACC football 365 days a year.

The important thing here is she is echoing a sentiment prevelent in the ACC. FSU and Clemson REALLY don't want UConn and the rest of the ACC doesn't want to get them mad.

Prevalent among fans. Quite frankly, I've always been less than impressed by Dinich. Witness her latest article chastising the money chase as unethical.

A dimwit, at best. Unfortunately, I had the privilege of catching her act in State College.

Many years of covering the ACC? I guess 4 or 5 years qualifies. Before that she was doing the B10.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure if ESPN really wanted Louisville in the ACC, they wouldn't send this person to let the world know.

Reaction Score
Whatever. Just another opinion without any real impact attached to it.

So one columnist writes her opinion, one that is valid to have, and now ESPN as an entity is advocating for Louisville over UConn? That's what one would call a 'stretch.'

God I love that GIF...

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Jesus. Listen to the first and last sentence of the part about realignment; "I think........and "my suggestion........ Nothing based on fact or sources. Just another bloggers opinion

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
stupid does and stupid is. Just ignore the rumors until something actually happens.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's just that rumors that hurt us seems to come true. Rumors in our favor don't.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Like I've posted here before Espn is the mother farkin anti-Christ of sports reporting can't wait for those cocks to get hit by a bigger bully on the block when it does the party is at my house.

Reaction Score
This is who we're suppose to get excited over?

0.jpg

Reaction Score
She contradicts what she herself says. e.g. Says the Spaziani has been a good goach. Two sentences later she says that he hasn't been a good coach for B.C.Huh?

Reaction Score
FSU and Clemson will be gone anyway. If they had their druthers they'd throw BC out. Count me in the not worried category.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
we'll know more on monday, I'm not worried about heather d as much as I would be worried if it were a mcmurphy tweet.

Reaction Score
Another example of ESPN being a horrible community partner. They could do their "home state" a world of good by exerting their considerable influence to get UConn an invite. If they sabotage it, the state ought to go out of it's way to make things miserable for that station.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Makes me wonder how hard it will be to watch tomorrow's game. I'm praying we keep it close and pull out a W but I won't be able to stomach much if we are getting blown out and the convo becomes about Louisville is clearly proving they belong in the ACC over UConn. We all have discussed why this is a short sighted viewpoint but it is a prevalent one among fans and so you can bet the commentators will go with that angle. I just wish this was already settled before tomorrow's game. It would make watching the game, even if it was a blowout, tolerable to watch.

What would set the over/under on for number of times it's mentioned that this game is to show the ACC who belongs during the game?

Reaction Score
we'll know more on monday, I'm not worried about heather d as much as I would be worried if it were a mcmurphy tweet.

Some upcoming McMurphy tweets:

McMurphy
@billy Which one of these nuts, Ville or Uconn, has any guts? #screwratchett

McMurphy
That's right, Rutgers. There is an Easter Bunny #notdreaming

---------
Boise St.
@McMurphy I must be nuts to be in a loony bin like that #whatdidijoin?

San Diego St.
@Boise St. @McMurphy Come on, Boise. We're here to cooperate 100%. We're not nuts.

Boise St.
@San Diego St. Is this crazy enough for ya'? Want me to take a [dump] on the floor?

UCF
@Boise St. This is the best we can do.

Boise St.
@UCF What are you doin' here? You're young. You oughta be out in a convertible bird-doggin' chicks and bangin' beaver in the Sun Belt.

-----------

ACC
@Maryland $50 million exit fee. That's the rule.

CheswickinMD
@ACC Rules? PISS ON YOUR RULES!

--------------

GeneDeFilipper
UConn = Blackballed

Tobacco Road
@GeneDeFilipper Well we don't wanna break up the meeting or nothin', but you're somethin' of a , aren't ya?

--------------

FloridaSt.
Chairman Swofford! Chairman Swofford! Virginia Tech just voted. Now will you please allow Louisville in instead of UConn?

Swofford
@FloridaSt. The meeting was adjourned and the vote was closed.

FloridaSt.
@Swofford But the vote was 9 to 3 in favor of Louisville. Virginia Tech, he's got his hand up! Look!

Swofford
@Florida St. No, Mr. Seminole. When the meeting was adjourned, the vote was 8 to 4.

FloridaSt.
@Swofford Aw come on, you're not gonna say that now! You're not gonna say that now! You're gonna pull that hen house s***? Now when the vote... Virginia Tech just voted - it was 9 to 3. Now I want that Louisville in *right now*!

Swofford
[silence]

-------------

Cincy
@Louisville Ville... they said you escaped. I knew you wouldn't leave without me. I was waiting for you. Now we can make it, Ville; we can leave the Big East. I feel big as a damn mountain.

Cincy
@Louisville Ville?

Cincy
@Louisville Oh no.

Cincy
@Louisville I'm not goin' without you, Ville. I wouldn't leave you this way...

-----------------

BCtotheB10
@ACC We're gone! #suckers

ACC
@BCtotheB10 Have you ever heard of the old saying "a rolling stone gathers no moss?" Does that mean something to you?

BCtotheB10
@ACC It's the same as "don't wash your dirty underwear in public." Here at BC we've never revealed internal conversations to the media.

ACC
@BCtotheB10 I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

BCtotheB10
@ACC Because we're smarter than you, aren't we?

-----------------------

FloridaSt.
@GTech What are we doing in here, 'Wreck? Huh? What's us two guys doing in this place? Let's get out of here. Out.

GTech
@FloridaSt. Big12?

FloridaSt.
@GTech Big12. We'll be there before these sonnoffabetches know what hit 'em. Listen to me on this one. It's easier than you think.

GTech
@FloridaSt. For you, maybe. You're a lot bigger than me.

------------------------

ESPN
@BigEast No, no, I'll show you some more tricks. You ain't seen the Spanish deck yet. That's 20 percent more torture!

------------------------

UConn
@Louisville Get out of my way son, you're usin' my oxygen.

------------------------

ACC
@UConn [Preliminary Interview] Well, the real reason that you haven't joined us yet is we're still evaluating you. To determine whether or not you are going to be a stable member. This is the real reason. Why do you think we might think that?

UConn
@ACC Well, as near as I can figure out, it's 'cause I, uh, fight and [duck*] too much.

Reaction Score
Folks must have a lot of faith in Hartford 84 and all his/her years here for this much panic.....

Reaction Score
Makes me wonder how hard it will be to watch tomorrow's game. I'm praying we keep it close and pull out a W but I won't be able to stomach much if we are getting blown out and the convo becomes about Louisville is clearly proving they belong in the ACC over UConn. We all have discussed why this is a short sighted viewpoint but it is a prevalent one among fans and so you can bet the commentators will go with that angle. I just wish this was already settled before tomorrow's game. It would make watching the game, even if it was a blowout, tolerable to watch.

What would set the over/under on for number of times it's mentioned that this game is to show the ACC who belongs during the game?

Yep, timing of this game is terrible. Just hope that PP doesn't lay an egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom