ESPN box score | The Boneyard

ESPN box score

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
So is Morgan now in the doghouse? Only played 9 minutes.

LINK

HGN

Reaction Score
I was wondering the same thing......

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i dont' know about in the dog house, but she wasn't terribly productive. Got some rebounds, but she just didn't seem to be doing anything in her 9 minutes. So glad to see Bree have a nice game tho. And she impacted it from all over the court...

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
So is Morgan now in the doghouse? Only played 9 minutes.

LINK

It was hard to get major minutes for Buck and Tuck and Stewie and Stokes. And have the starters get enough minutes to stay sharp. Stewie was the main project for the day (and the rest of the season); and because she was doing so well, Geno had to leave her in for enough minutes to get well "settled" and find her rhythm and confidence. Mission on that project well accomplished.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Buck played 13 minutes so someone had to play less. Tuck wasn't playing well so she took the minutes hit. They played 8 player double digits.

I doubt there was any doghouse involved.

Reaction Score
Buck played 13 minutes so someone had to play less. Tuck wasn't playing well so she took the minutes hit. They played 8 player double digits.

you would know about the doghouse

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

And DOGGYDaddy would know about DOGhouses. :)

Reaction Score
I thought I saw Rosemary wrapping Morgan's knee at some point during the game ... can't remember when it was (it's tough getting older ... and remembering don't come so easy no more :( )

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Rosemary was toiling hard all day, Caroline, Mo, Morgan.
Seemed like Morgan was in for a cameo, was pulled out, had a stern lecture and didn't come in until garbage time.
Surely a bow-wow moment.
Was she possibly talking back to Geno?

Reaction Score
i dont' know about in the dog house, but she wasn't terribly productive. Got some rebounds, but she just didn't seem to be doing anything in her 9 minutes. So glad to see Bree have a nice game tho. And she impacted it from all over the court...

Eric I don't think it was a major issue today Doggy may have said it best, what with mins
for Heather,getting Stewie going 8 players in double digit mins plus extra mins for some
due to SENIOR DAY etal
buid on today
IRA

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Seemed like Morgan was in for a cameo, was pulled out, had a stern lecture and didn't come in until garbage time.
Surely a bow-wow moment.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score

Talking back to Geno? Not one chance in 500.

The whole fascination with, and focus on, "Geno's doghouse" by posters on this website is way over-done. Give it a rest. He is just coaching kids and playing those who are playing the best -- in practice as well as games. If Geno's "dog house" were anywhere near the size some people here think it is, he would have been run out of coaching a long time ago; and most assuredly would not be in the Hall of Fame. Or coaching the Olympic Team. Or having so many of his alumni players coming back to visit as often as they do. Or having so many of this year's team crying their eyes out on Senior night.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It was easy to anticipate Geno's priorities for the Seton Hall game. First was to play good bb and win, of course.

Next was getting Breanna back on track -- her production vs. ND on Monday and posssibly Baylor later is vital. He brought her in after 7 minues or so with the game well in hand and starters on the court. She got right into the flow at both ends of the court and contributed with putbacks and good defense. Then he drew up a play just for her to end the first half (which she unfortunately missed). She played confidently and she played really well throughout her time on the court.

He surely was aware of the milestones for Kelly and Kaleena (next priority) and I'm sure he also reminded Kaleena to fire away -- no more extended shooting droughts!

Against USF I expect him to focus on Morgan, Moriah and, yes, Breanna again, looking ahead to ND. Heavy emphasis on defending Diggins and McBride.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Surely a bow-wow moment.
What could possibly make you think this polite and respectful FRESHMAN would talk back to Geno? And you scenario of how the minutes played out was wrong. Tuck played 3 minutes from 15:30 - 12:30 and 1 1/2 minues to end the first half. She then played the last 5 inutes of the second half. No way was she pulled and not return. No doghouse. No way.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Look at the replay.
Anyone read lips?
To me it didn't appear Geno was chewing her out but rather some instruction. He was not excessively animated. It looked more like a clear teaching moment and Morgan was carefully focused on what he was saying.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I don't have enough time to study the replay this morning, too much powder at Jay
Be back at 4 or so and will comment further.
The theory that there just wasn't enough time to play everyone doesn't work for me cause she was a work-horse against Baylor. earned her time.
Something happened at the game or in practice to temporarily lower Geno's esteem.
Pulling her out after 3 minutes was for a reason (and to my untrained eyes with only the game look), she didn't seem happy about it; tough, prideful kid.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't think she looked sad or happy. She has sleepy eyes to start with so one has to be careful trying to read them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I noticed the same thing. We're fortunate to have Rosemary. She big, though less visible, part of the program.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I noticed the same thing. We're fortunate to have Rosemary. She big, though less visible, part of the program.
And wicked cute.

As for Morgan, she's not in the doghouse. Breanna was playing well, and Buck got minutes she doesn't normally get. That really is the whole story. Oh, and Kelly played more than she normally would in a blowout, too.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I love this from Ye Olde Coache...I was just thinking the same thing and clicking "like" wasn't enough. Weary of the doghouse stuff...
Talking back to Geno? Not one chance in 500.

The whole fascination with, and focus on, "Geno's doghouse" by posters on this website is way over-done. Give it a rest. He is just coaching kids and playing those who are playing the best -- in practice as well as games. If Geno's "dog house" were anywhere near the size some people here think it is, he would have been run out of coaching a long time ago; and most assuredly would not be in the Hall of Fame. Or coaching the Olympic Team. Or having so many of his alumni players coming back to visit as often as they do. Or having so many of this year's team crying their eyes out on Senior night.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I finally had a chance to look at the replay a few times and I respectfully withdraw my comment that Morgan spoke disrespectfully to what is obviously "coaching" by Geno. I stand corrected...Coach, Doggy. She did (let em look again)...lifted and slightly turned her head in a gesture of self-disgust? Perhaps in recognition of whatever misdemeanor that Geno was explaining.
As for her participation; she seemed to fight for position on boards and got free for several seconds in the post w/o receiving a pass. She drew a foul from the good sized defender and seemed active and aggressive on defense. Its possible she missed an assignment in the zone that Geno was employing but scampered back into position. Impossible for me to conclusively tell if she was struggling with her defensive assignments

Just before she came out there was an offensive set in which KML wound up driving to the basket, Morgan was underneath, perhaps a little passive in not thinking pass; when was seemingly open, instead opting to position herself for the rebound.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
I finally had a chance to look at the replay a few times and I respectfully withdraw my comment that Morgan spoke disrespectfully to what is obviously "coaching" by Geno. I stand corrected...Coach, Doggy. She did (let em look again)...lifted and slightly turned her head in a gesture of self-disgust? Perhaps in recognition of whatever misdemeanor that Geno was explaining.
As for her participation; she seemed to fight for position on boards and got free for several seconds in the post w/o receiving a pass. She drew a foul from the good sized defender and seemed active and aggressive on defense. Its possible she missed an assignment in the zone that Geno was employing but scampered back into position. Impossible for me to conclusively tell if she was struggling with her defensive assignments

Just before she came out there was an offensive set in which KML wound up driving to the basket, Morgan was un, that is hederneath, perhaps a little passive in not thinking pass; when was seemingly open, instead opting to position herself for the rebound.

Well, msf, that is certainly the "post of the year" --- and maybe the "post of the decade." You are a Boneyarder who made a very questionable judgment re Geno's coaching and a players reaction. When a few other posters disagreed with your point of view, you went back to the tape, reconsidered, and "respectfully withdrew your comments."

OMG, how often does that happen amongst this den of thieves?

Kudos to you, good sir. You are a man of considerable wisdom and good judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom