ESPN 2022 class ranking | The Boneyard

ESPN 2022 class ranking

Reaction Score
How many times before have you seen an Oregon State WBB recruiting class ranked #3 in the Nation (yes, it is subject to change)? LIKE NEVER!! Go Beavs!

Reaction Score
This is DOA and contradictory already Oregon State got #6 (Gardner) and #10 Beers , UCONN got #4 Patterson and #5 Brady yet they OSU ahead of UCONN. Throw it out start over!
Well, while player rankings are likely the most important factor affecting class ranking, there are surely other factors like filling needs, fitting the school's system, total number of recruits...

Reaction Score
Clearly quantity over quality. If Rice chooses Uconn I think they would reluctantly have to make Uconn #1. On the other hand if she chooses Stanford, we would likely drop to #5 with Stanford perhaps getting #1 and passing us.

Another factor is there is no consideration for the existing roster. When you already have a very talented and deep roster, adding a player in the 50-100 range probably doesn't move the needle for you at all. That player is not likely to be in the rotation. In Uconn's current situation going after the top dogs is the obvious strategy because they might break into the rotation and make a difference. If you get them great, if not you still have players to complete the rotation that are better than most 50-100 level recruits.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It’s curious to see there is no by-line on this. The only reference is to Premier Basketball which I believe is an organization that runs AAU basketball leagues and tournaments. Hard to take seriously.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It’s curious to see there is no by-line on this. The only reference is to Premier Basketball which I believe is an organization that runs AAU basketball leagues and tournaments. Hard to take seriously

The Premiere Basketball team now runs ESPN's NCAA women's basketball recruit coverage. It was likely Shane Laflin who ranked them.

Reaction Score
How many times before have you seen an Oregon State WBB recruiting class ranked #3 in the Nation (yes, it is subject to change)? LIKE NEVER!! Go Beavs!
Even when they do they wont make it further than the sweet 16 bc their coach cant coach imo.

Reaction Score
Hmm, how to explain a Final 4 in '16 and Elite 8 in '18 then? Just got lucky?
2 years out 100 may the church say amen.....yeah your on an upward trend. What have you done lately ?

Reaction Score
Uconn is ranked 4th. Thus, "hard to take seriously." Must be biased. "They'd reluctantly make UConn #1."

When I used to compile rankings, I had a formula for putting them together by school. However it came out, it came out.

I know it's hard for folks to believe that something could actually not lead to Uconn be #1 in every area every time.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She lost out to another SEC team in recruiting!Head bang
Joni Taylor was the SEC COY in 2021 and her GA Bulldogs may well become SC’s biggest threat to their recent dominance of the conference. By securing Barker, Taylor secured the type of player that Dawn has regularly locked up at SC.

Reaction Score
All you need to know is that this is an ESPN list. They despise UConn for several reasons and do everything they can to avoid acknowledging them as the top in anything. Not surprising at all! Color me desperately hoping we go undefeated and shove their anti-UConn bias up their noses!

Reaction Score
This is DOA and contradictory already Oregon State got #6 (Gardner) and #10 Beers , UCONN got #4 Patterson and #5 Brady yet they OSU ahead of UCONN. Throw it out start over!
The lower your recruits are ranked the more points you get. :eek: If he wasn’t dead I would have thought Prof. Irwin Corey was handling these rankings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom