Erica Mccall | The Boneyard

Erica Mccall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to my sources Erica Mccall has been admitted into Stanford she will announce her college decision November 3rd..

(ps. And by sources i mean snooping on twitter LOL)

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
So is it a done deal...she got accepted into Stamford so she is going there...or is there still some room for mystery.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well, we know one thing...she is a bright young lady if she was accepted to Stanford. You can't go wrong with a Stanford education plus a top notch basketball program.

Reaction Score
So is it a done deal...she got accepted into Stamford so she is going there...or is there still some room for mystery.
I'd guess that it's a 80% probability that she goes to Stanford. I would welcome a surprise verbal to Uconn, but don't expect it.

Reaction Score
According to my sources Erica Mccall has been admitted into Stanford she will announce her college decision November 3rd..

Old news. Already knew she'd been accepted.

JS

Reaction Score
Old news. Already knew she'd been accepted.
It's news to me.

Last I saw, her paperwork had been submitted and was being processed.

Seems there's been a shift in the timetable mentioned in the article. She was going to announce soon after her Oct. 12 UConn official visit. Now it's postponed to early November.

That implies the Stanford admission has made the choice harder (as naturally it would).

As far as it being a done deal for Stanford, though, if that were the case it seems she'd dispense with the official visit to UConn. That'd be consistent with the expressed intention not to lead people on, though it'd frustrate her dad's expressed desire to see a great coach conduct his practice.

If I were the McCalls I'd have the typical decision chart filled out.

On one side, I'd have staying on the West Coast and getting a top of the line academic program along with excellent coaching and high level basketball.

On the other side I'd have getting very good public university academics, the very best coaching, and a team experience that promises to be something very special over the next several years.

That analysis, for the sake of argument, leaves out the other choices. Sorry, triaddukefan. You can make out your own decision chart.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I would think if she does not make a decision in the next two weeks to attend Stanford then door hasn't slammed shut on anyone. And I would think the Phoenix connection has to be weighed in this as well. DT followed a similar path to a very successful college experience.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It's a very distinct decision between Stanford and UConn in particular. Both very unique and compelling opportunities, and you certainly couldn't fault her for choosing Stanford if that ended up being the choice she made. Assuming she does indeed come to First Night, she will have another opportunity to get a feel for the school, for the girls who would be her teammates, and for what UConn has to offer. That's all you can ask for.

HGN

Reaction Score
Though I hate to say it , I think she's going to Stanford. For all the reason's stated by JS.....We still have an outside chance , but I think the delay has always been waiting to see if she was going to be admitted to Stanford.

UConn's the better place , but Stanford's the local power.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If she were set on Stanford and just waiting on approved admission then why not make an announcement now? I agree that if she doesn't announce her decision in the next week or two that UCONN is still in the running.

Getting accepted to Stanford is very prestigious but maybe the lure of an almost guaranteed national championship will tip the scale in UCONN's direction.

Reaction Score
While Stanford would seem the choice academically, for the teachers and the competition offered by classmates, and also for the future connections; many students look at the specific strength of a program when choosing a school. If she wants basketball to be her future as a player and coach, etc, then Uconn would be the obvious choice.

Stanford has fantastic coaching and players, But...when she graduates from Uconn, she will have been taught by the best basketball professors in the country (now, and perhaps ever), she will have been challenged by the best basketball classmates (perhaps some of the best players ever), and will have several NCAA national championship rings (perhaps 3 or 4.)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Two more words: Courtney Ekmark. Ranked 1st in her class academically, living in a Western state, wants to play at UConn.

A few more words: Leigh Ann Curl, M.D. Former UConn hoopster and class valedictorian, who has her M.D. from Johns Hopkins, where she is a Professor of Otthopedic Surgery.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/changingthefaceofmedicine/physicians/biography_343.html

Don't concede Erica to Stanford yet. She can go to graduate school there. I'm sure the Hall of Fame Olympic basketball coach would write a nice letter of recommendation.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
While Stanford would seem the choice academically, for the teachers and the competition offered by classmates, and also for the future connections; many students look at the specific strength of a program when choosing a school. If she wants basketball to be her future as a player and coach, etc, then Uconn would be the obvious choice.

Stanford has fantastic coaching and players, But...when she graduates from Uconn, she will have been taught by the best basketball professors in the country (now, and perhaps ever), she will have been challenged by the best basketball classmates (perhaps some of the best players ever), and will have several NCAA national championship rings (perhaps 3 or 4.)
Playing with Stefanie Dolson, Bria Hartley, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Kiah Stokes, Brianna Banks, Breanna Stewart, Moriah Jefferson, and Morgan Tuck:

Priceless!

MasterCard-Announces-Priceless-Picks-iPhone-App-2.jpg

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
My two words:

Rebecca Lobo.

An accomplished student, with a mother who was, if I recall correctly, was a guidance counselor, so while many parents are very aware of the strengths and weakness of the options, Ruth Ann was literally a pro at the subject. She was not fully on-board with UConn academically, at first (and I hasten to note that UConn is better academically now than it was at that time.)
How did that work out? Rebecca played a major role in the Connecticut legislature decision to appropriate first a billion, then another 1.3 billion for upgrades to the school. While she obviously wasn't the only influence, she played a major role in the educational improvement of the institution and is now on the Board of Trustees.

Stanford is a very fine institution, and I couldn't fault anyone for choosing to go there, but there are real life examples of following the UConn path that are breathtakingly impressive. The school is a better school now that when Lobo attended, partly BECAUSE Lobo attended.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My two words:

Rebecca Lobo.

An accomplished student, with a mother who was, if I recall correctly, was a guidance counselor, so while many parents are very aware of the strengths and weakness of the options, Ruth Ann was literally a pro at the subject. She was not fully on-board with UConn academically, at first (and I hasten to note that UConn is better academically now than it was at that time.)
How did that work out? Rebecca played a major role in the Connecticut legislature decision to appropriate first a billion, then another 1.3 billion for upgrades to the school. While she obviously wasn't the only influence, she played a major role in the educational improvement of the institution and is now on the Board of Trustees.

Stanford is a very fine institution, and I couldn't fault anyone for choosing to go there, but there are real life examples of following the UConn path that are breathtakingly impressive. The school is a better school now that when Lobo attended, partly BECAUSE Lobo attended.
Rebecca Lobo = ICON

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
thumbnail.aspx

Big difference from HS to UConn in regards to her weight. I expect her to be in even better condition this year.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Far be it from me to sell Stanford, but Tara V is one of the best WBB coaches of all time. Geno may be #1 in my book, but Tara is definitely on Mt Rushmore. Combine that with the non-basketball opportunities stanford has to offer, and it's a strong case to be made. Tara may be half a level below Geno, but UConn is more than half a level below Stanford academically.

Reaction Score
Far be it from me to sell Stanford, but Tara V is one of the best WBB coaches of all time. Geno may be #1 in my book, but Tara is definitely on Mt Rushmore. Combine that with the non-basketball opportunities stanford has to offer, and it's a strong case to be made. Tara may be half a level below Geno, but UConn is more than half a level below Stanford academically.
As a person who went to UCONN... All I have to say is... there are just as many Stanford waiters as UCONN.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Don't count out UCONN just yet!!! Whatever decision McCall makes she will be a fantastic player!

Reaction Score
We had a thread on this before, but I think when past players have had Stanford and UConn in their final 2 or 3, they've tended to choose Stanford -- probably 75-85% of the time. That's why I consider her more likely to end up there.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
We had a thread on this before, but I think when past players have had Stanford and UConn in their final 2 or 3, they've tended to choose Stanford -- probably 75-85% of the time. That's why I consider her more likely to end up there.
I think it is closer to 50-50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01