Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NCAA vs. UConn, round 5748390

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 8.44.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 8.44.45 AM.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 252
Reaction Score
I don't think I've ever heard a higher up at the NCAA make a snarky remark about a college athlete. Nothing good usually comes of that.

Reaction Score
Wow this guy really gets in the weeds. Usually people in the position that Emmert is in make no direct reference to a player. And we have heard that Bazz' s comments were kind of irrelevant with regard to passing the legislation as it was well under way. But this tool decides to take it a step futher? Bazz must have really gotten under his skin.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
He's unbelievable. The fact that the NCAA chooses to let this ego driven, backstabbing, no-character-having @ run their organization is enough evidence that it needs to change direction. Drastically.

Reaction Score
I understand Shabazz' comment. Obviously, he gets the meal plan for free, may even get some amount of Huskybucks to use around campus. But those places close at like 8-9PM from memory. When I was living on campus, with no car, there were plenty of times, late at night, when I was starving but had no money to order food, no car to drive to like a convenience store to get a snack, and anywhere I could get campus food for free was closed. So yeah, it's not like he's malnourished or anything, but the point is, if he doesn't have access to a car, or he has no money - which by NCAA rules the only money he can really have is whatever his mom can afford to give him - when the dining halls and other places where he can get food are closed, he can't exactly go to the grocery store and stock up.

And that whole scenario, for someone who has done so much to raise the profile of the entire university, is absurd.

The amount of goodwill the university is reaping from this NCAA tournament run proves that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just saw the Squid this morning making the same food comments for the umpteenth time. Where's the snark for him?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Is that a real quote? Is there any context around it?

Because good grief that is incredibly douchey.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Huh. I wonder who brought in more revenue and good publicity for the NCAA, Shabazz Napier or Mark Emmert. Maybe we should check out their respective compensation, too. :rolleyes:(Is this the one for sarcasm?)

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
he's going off about how ridiculous the food rule was as if he was the one lobbying against it for years... isn't it his job to look into things like this? isn't it partially his fault these rules were still on the books?

Reaction Score
Wow he's giving Universities the authoriztion of providing servants to student athletes. Wish I was interviewing him.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Shabazz was mentioned in the question so his inclusion in the response wasn't unprompted.

In all honesty I'm just now listening to the interview and Emmert is coming off better than he usually does. It sounds like the additional stipend is going to be optional by sport by school regardless of the budget of the AD. That's a much different view of what was speculated an exclusive privilege of the P5. I feel slightly better after listening to this interview.

Reaction Score
I'm confused. I took Shabazz's hungry comment to mean the team was hungry to win a championship after being left out due to the APR bs. When did it come to mean hungry as in hunger pangs?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm confused. I took Shabazz's hungry comment to mean the team was hungry to win a championship after being left out due to the APR bs. When did it come to mean hungry as in hunber pangs?

Wrong comment. This isn't about the "Hungry Huskies" speech on the podium. It's from like before the sweet 16 when he told interviewers that there are times he goes to bed hungry. Kinda surprised you made it this far without hearing about it, because it's been reported by non-sports national media.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wrong comment. This isn't about the "Hungry Huskies" speech on the podium. It's from like before the sweet 16 when he told interviewers that there are times he goes to bed hungry. Kinda surprised you made it this far without hearing about it, because it's been reported by non-sports national media.

People have been playing fast and loose with the "hungry huskies" comments both on here and in the media. Adds to the confusion.

Reaction Score
Oh my this is awful. No wonder it was so easy to ban us from the tournament. I hope he has to step down!! Unbelievable!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom