ECU Postgame | The Boneyard

ECU Postgame

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A couple of thoughts on the game today:

- Pheesa picked a good day to go for 37
- How about Liv tying the tournament single-game record with 17 rebounds? She was an absolute beast today on the boards and defending the paint.
- Christyn’s behind the back, bounce pass to Crystal shows me she’s picking up some serious Showtime habits from her backcourt running mate.
- Blair Schaefer did a nice job as the color commentator for the game. Considering she’s only 1 year out of college, she demonstrated great maturity, poise and preparation. I wouldn’t expect anything else from Vic’s little girl.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am so impressed with Blair Schaefer's astute observations and fluidity! I can't believe she just graduated last year and is so poised to give an opinion. I especially loved how she said Geno will develop talent and make them better and that led to the segue of 14 UConn Players into the WNBA. She also said that UConn now knows what to expect with USF and didn't think the game would be as closely contested as last Monday. Time for ESPN to get the retirement watches out for Antonelli, Carolyn Peck and just say NO to Adam Amin!!!

Reaction Score

- How about Liv tying the tournament single-game record with 17 rebounds? She was an absolute beast today on the boards and defending the paint.
- Christyn’s behind the back, bounce pass to Crystal shows me she’s picking up some serious Showtime habits from her backcourt running mate.
- Blair Schaefer did a nice job as the color commentator for the game. Considering she’s only 1 year out of college, she demonstrated great maturity, poise and preparation. I wouldn’t expect anything else from Vic’s little girl.
13,75,100,100 Rebounds, shot percentage, 3 point percent, free throw percent----IF THAT ISN'T PRECIOUS, WHAT IS??
Big big big for the big girl--5 blocks, she was the KIAH of this game. Stand back folks; it's coming...Had 4 fouls for much of the 4th qtr and hung in there--great great great, she needs to learn to play with fouls--hold on it maybe a bumpy ride, but it shall be worth the ride.
Okey Dokey: Came alive in the 4th quarter and made a fun pass (bet Geno didn't think so) to Danger--FUN.
Hey, there really is a Molly on this team and she CAN score, not bad D either--tell Geno, keep her.
I could go on and on but you get it--This was a wonderful team effort to support PRECIOUS.

Reaction Score
What they said.

Green-animated-arrow.gif

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A few reasons for optimism today. Slowish start against a surprisingly solid shooting ECU team, but the third and fourth quarters looked very good, with Liv and CW looking like the outstanding freshman class that we hoped for.

Reaction Score
I am so impressed with Blair Schaefer's astute observations and fluidity! I can't believe she just graduated last year and is so poised to give an opinion. I especially loved how she said Geno will develop talent and make them better and that led to the segue of 14 UConn Players into the WNBA. She also said that UConn now knows what to expect with USF and didn't think the game would be as closely contested as last Monday. Time for ESPN to get the retirement watches out for Antonelli, Carolyn Peck and just say NO to Adam Amin!!!

You are kidding she just graduated last year?? SNY sign her up before she's locked in at ESPN or CBSports.

Reaction Score

You are more than right on so many counts The bounce past said more that she learned bad habits from Xtal--it showed she loosened up and went with the flow (again) when she is "flowing" very good things happen for Uconn.
Let us not forget Meg Walker tough defense, nice rebounding, scoring 14 pretty decent afternoons work.
But one cannot say too much about ONO or Precious--those two made the bench stand up and cheer often.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A few reasons for optimism today. Slowish start against a surprisingly solid shooting ECU team, but the third and fourth quarters looked very good, with Liv and CW looking like the outstanding freshman class that we hoped for.

You can see how much the game has slowed down for ONO. She doesn't look confused out there anymore. She's making better decisions now. She gained a ton of experience and confidence today. Her teammates are beginning to trust her a little more with each passing game. The offense will come.

One other HUGE note - ONO played 36 minutes today and only had 4 fouls (she picked up her second foul just before the half). She DID NOT foul out. We all know how foul prone she is. Not today. She only had 6 pts, but she pulled down a career high 17 BIG rebounds, and rejected 5 shots by ECU. That's BIG TIME for a freshman starting and playing in her first post season tournament game.

She had a huge impact on the game. Geno cannot afford to have her on the bench with foul trouble. She'll be even more comfortable in tomorrow's game. I don't expect 17 rebounds, I just want her to play well. She had 10 rebounds at the half. She'll start next year for sure. We can debate over the summer who the other new starter will be. :)

Do you remember the hopes and expectations we had for them over the summer? It looks like they both met most of those challenges. Yes, they both played like the freshmen they are, but.........Christyn played well enough to be selected as conference FOY, and of course to the All-Freshman team. ONO is on MY All-Freshman team!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
13,75,100,100 Rebounds, shot percentage, 3 point percent, free throw percent----IF THAT ISN'T PRECIOUS, WHAT IS??
Big big big for the big girl--5 blocks, she was the KIAH of this game. Stand back folks; it's coming...Had 4 fouls for much of the 4th qtr and hung in there--great great great, she needs to learn to play with fouls--hold on it maybe a bumpy ride, but it shall be worth the ride.
Okey Dokey: Came alive in the 4th quarter and made a fun pass (bet Geno didn't think so) to Danger--FUN.
Hey, there really is a Molly on this team and she CAN score, not bad D either--tell Geno, keep her.
I could go on and on but you get it--This was a wonderful team effort to support PRECIOUS.

17 rebounds, 5 blocks............................ that ONO is going to be pretty good once she figures it all out................

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
In a few days of practice, UConn has adjusted well to a temporary life without Lou.

Pheesa - just amazing. Very difficult match-up for any team.
Olivia - showing her "inner Kiah" on the court. She made is clear who controlled the paint. ECU was intimidated by her.
Squeaks - just drive baby drive! Amazing how she can navigate around the lane and get open for layups. Excellent free throw shooter.

But the one you all missed. Lou's reaction when Molly drained a 3. Lou had her legs far apart and she was bending over a lot. That back is a lot better than we think. Geno being a smart one again. We can win this tournament without Lou.

Bring on USF!!!

Reaction Score
What a nice job the uconn ladies did. A great chance for Liv to get into game rythum and she did a terrific job. What can you say about Pheesa she knew what had to be done and she did it. Really enjoyed this game.

Reaction Score
17 rebounds, 5 blocks........ that ONO is going to be pretty good once she figures it all out......
I truly enjoyed the success of Precious however the real thrill is seeing ONO develop way beyond my expectations . And CW and Walker living up to my expectatios--I expect a major jump from them and Coombs starting in November. The talent and desire is there--this experience is doing them a world of good.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Some points:

I thought Megan had a poor game. Her shot selection in the first half was questionable.

It was fun watching CW in the fourth quarter, but where was she in the first half?

It's really fun watching Liv do anything. She played almost the whole game.

Crystal didn't have that great of a game.

The lack of good three-point shooting this late in the season is alarming. There's time still to get going, but they have to have that to go very far.

Blair did well--very impressed. The thing I liked best was that she didn't go on any long rants about somebody's sick dog or such.

As per usual, the play-by-play guy failed to note who a foul was called on at several key times.

Nine of Molly's 18 baskets this year from three. Shades of Lou.

Reaction Score
You can see how much the game has slowed down for ONO. She doesn't look confused out there anymore. She's making a lot better decisions now. She'll start next year for sure. We can debate over the summer who the other new starter will be. :)
I have a feeling she'll start more from here on out, she is earning it. I suspect when KLS returns Geno will work ONO with both Walker and CW in and out. (Caveat -if either is hot all the previous won't hold)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom