Easiest Path to the Final Four? | The Boneyard

Easiest Path to the Final Four?

PvP

Reaction Score
Color me Huskie blue, but I think UCONN really lucked out in its selection to the Portland 3 bracket. While nothing can come easily for a team with so many injuries (but just think of what next year will be like!), I don't see a team in our bracket that we can't beat. Aside from the teams below us, I believe that having two excellent ball handlers this year who weren't available last year (PB and KK), Geno will have the team very prepared to deal with Ohio State's press. And he has historically been able to limit the opponent's best player which has often led to victory when that team doesn't have another player who can step up. I believe that this describes USC. Yes, Juju is skilled and a threat but if we can limit her, who on SC's roster is anywhere near as talented?

If we can, in fact, reach the Final Four, it's anyone's guess but I have great confidence that UCONN has the path to get there....

Reaction Score
I agree, I like our path.I don’t see us losing to The Buckeyes again. They got us once and Geno is a much better coach. I also see the Trojans a beatabl.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
I agree, I like our path.I don’t see us losing to The Buckeyes again. They got us once and Geno is a much better coach. I also see the Trojans a beatabl.
what if ohio state doesn't get that far? huskies would have someone else to beat, if they get far.

gotta be ready for anything when projecting into the future. we know the first round challenge; what's next? = unknown. but, the possibilities aren't daunting, it seems too me.

Reaction Score
what if ohio state doesn't get that far? huskies would have someone else to beat, if they get far.

gotta be ready for anything when projecting into the future. we know the first round challenge; what's next? = unknown. but, the possibilities aren't daunting, it seems too me.
I agree but that said I would love another shot at that press

Reaction Score
I agree but that said I would love another shot at that press
Remember, the tOSU press was most effective with Edwards sitting on the bench with foul trouble. Often UConn would break a press by throwing the ball into Edwards positioned in the middle of the court. Hopefully she doesn't get into foul trouble, or that Geno has coached that there's more than 1 way to break a troubling press since that game.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
as i recall it, there were huskies who melted under pressure and did stupid things. i am not referring to nika, who some here place the blame for the 2d quarter collapse. she had no competent help, sadly. review the tape and it's easy to see the real culprits.

Reaction Score
Yep. I love our chances in this quadrant. There are some concerns in our quad but nothing too alarming.

Reaction Score
This is the chalk path: JSU -- Syracuse -- tOSU -- USCw -- Iowa -- SC

Here's the path I'm expecting: JSU -- Arizona -- Duke -- Va Tech -- Iowa -- Utah.

Prove me wrong. :D

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
with kitley down with an acl, i doubt vt makes it that far. it's not proof ... but acl is true, soooo

Reaction Score
I like Notre Dame path. Kent State, Ole Miss, Oregon State, then the over confident South Carolina. I can't predict the other three of the final four but it would be fun to see Uconn again. And people say I'm an optimist?

Reaction Score
This is the chalk path: JSU -- Syracuse -- tOSU -- USCw -- Iowa -- SC

Here's the path I'm expecting: JSU -- Arizona -- Duke -- Va Tech -- Iowa -- Utah.

Prove me wrong. :D
VTech without Kitley is not going to beat anyone that has good players. That is a lot for them to overcome.

Reaction Score
I agree we have a chance in this bracket. It won't be easy. I think it all depends on our 3 point shooting and how we defend it. If we are on we can beet most anyone. Our defense will be consistent and there was one thing that was constant in ALL of our losses. Other teams players had there best shooting night. UCLA had Osborne and Rice, NC State had Rivers, SC had Poa Poa, Texas had Harmon and ND had Hidalgo all shot much higher 3 point shooting PCT's then their seasonal averages. Go Huskies!!!!!

Reaction Score
Nobody has an easy path to the title. UConn has a good draw because they do matchup really good against most of the teams. They will still have to have their two stars play high level and the supporting cast to play their best too to get to the final four.

Reaction Score
Color me Huskie blue, but I think UCONN really lucked out in its selection to the Portland 3 bracket. While nothing can come easily for a team with so many injuries (but just think of what next year will be like!), I don't see a team in our bracket that we can't beat. Aside from the teams below us, I believe that having two excellent ball handlers this year who weren't available last year (PB and KK), Geno will have the team very prepared to deal with Ohio State's press. And he has historically been able to limit the opponent's best player which has often led to victory when that team doesn't have another player who can step up. I believe that this describes USC. Yes, Juju is skilled and a threat but if we can limit her, who on SC's roster is anywhere near as talented?

If we can, in fact, reach the Final Four, it's anyone's guess but I have great confidence that UCONN has the path to get there....

USC has plenty of talent, in the conference tournament championship game, JuJu was a non factor and the Trojans still won the trophy against a very good opponent. You're selling them short.

Reaction Score
USC has plenty of talent, in the conference tournament championship game, JuJu was a non factor and the Trojans still won the trophy against a very good opponent. You're selling them short.
:D:D:D:D

Reaction Score
Another poll for winners

Screenshot_20240322-084249_ESPN.jpg

Reaction Score
I really like our chances. Our seniors are all totally driven. Nika and Aaliyah have fought thru Hell these last couple seasons and both had exceptional jumps their junior years and have been rocks this season. To say they are hungry to finish their last season the right way would be a gross understatement. Paige is the most complete basketball player she has ever been, which should be pretty scary to any and all opponents. If anyone thinks she's willing to let this one slip away without every bit of fight she has in her, they haven't been watching what she's done this season.

This team has the strongest threesome of senior leaders that UConn has had in years. They've come in competitive and fighting each of the last three seasons and faced devastating setbacks that led to disappointment as they finished each one with a loss. Geno has always said he wants to send his seniors out the right way. That's always the goal and barring injuries this team will fight their way thru each game to send Aaliyah and Nika out with their rings and begin filling the fingers of those returning as the new dynasty begins. It's time for lady luck to simply keep our guys healthy and injury free and they'll take care of the rest. The six games winning streak starts tomorrow!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I guess Duke should go ahead an forfeit on Sunday :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I guess Duke should go ahead an forfeit on Sunday :rolleyes:
Well if you want to but you'd screw up my brackets because I have Duke winning Sunday but Wala already screwed up some of my brackets by having his team commit 25 fouls and 15 turnovers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom