E$PN Big Ten TV Contract | The Boneyard

E$PN Big Ten TV Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So how much money, if any, will the Penn St sanctions cost ESPN? Who's going to watch a Penn St game, home or away? That's a lot of ad revenue.

$1,000,000,000 contract over 10 years. $212,000,ooo overall per year.

Current TV Contract Breakdown

http://businessofcollegesports.com/2011/05/05/televison-contract-breakdown/

(Big Ten can always bring in Rutgers. :D )
At the end of the day I don't think it will affect the B10 that much. They always have the options of showing tOSU, Michigan, or to a lesser extent Wisconsin.

Reaction Score
At the end of the day I don't think it will affect the B10 that much. They always have the options of showing tOSU, Michigan, or to a lesser extent Wisconsin.

I would think that any Penn State game would get a lot less eyeballs. Worse, the subject cannot be avoided in any telecast. I can envision Penn St away games playing to a lot of empty seats. No one knows yet but no PR can right this for decades.

Another side bar. Do you think this moves Notre Dame closer to the Big Ten or to the ACC?

Reaction Score
someone has to play the ESPNU game, it only damages the package a little bit.

Reaction Score
I would think that any Penn State game would get a lot less eyeballs. Worse, the subject cannot be avoided in any telecast. I can envision Penn St away games playing to a lot of empty seats. No one knows yet but no PR can right this for decades.

Another side bar. Do you think this moves Notre Dame closer to the Big Ten or to the ACC?
Sad truth but controversy sells. ND would be closer to the ACC. If they are moved, at all.

Reaction Score
Not for long if they suck.
Perhaps so. Because chances are they will suck for a while. Their commitment class for 2013 right now is pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom