DYNASTY, UConn Special Edition Book (128 pages) | The Boneyard

DYNASTY, UConn Special Edition Book (128 pages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
JavaMan, thanks for letting everyone know. I just ordered my copy. Even with $4.95 for shipping and handling, it's still a bargain.

Reaction Score
ordered mine- and more for my rabid fan family members with birthdays coming up- (Shenandoah this means you!)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I just got my copy and it is a brilliant testimony to the legendary (someday I expect to use the adjective "immortal." like Lombardi) coaching of Geno and Chris, not to mention the steady parade of great players.

Special praise to the photographers, the writers (John A. and Jeff J.) and the Hartford Courant editorial staff. BRAVO!

My lone criticism: Not available in hard cover (like the ones I have from Sports Illustrated, years ago).

One suggestion: It would have been easy to get some firm like Avon or Olay as a sponsor, in exchange for a little plug for their anti-perspirant underarm deodorant products. Look at the photos.:oops: (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Reaction Score
My copy came in this morning, Tuesday, and boy was it fun to relive all the people, that have made this program such a success!

Reaction Score
I finally received notice from the book company that my book has been shipped! Can't wait to get it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
One suggestion: It would have been easy to get some firm like Avon or Olay as a sponsor, in exchange for a little plug for their anti-perspirant underarm deodorant products. Look at the photos.:oops: (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
Women don't sweat, they glisten. :cool:

Reaction Score
My copy arrived today. Very nicely composed and printed. Great pictures. Only glitch that
I've noticed so far is one caption where what looks like Willnett Crockett is identified as
Barb Turner.

Bonus feature (for me): I'm in one of the pictures! (applauding as Geno comes down with
the trophy).

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Copies are in stock & available at the UCONN CO-OP. If you happen to be on campus this weekend for graduation, pick one up!

Reaction Score
Arrived a couple of days ago, just in time for a Mother's Day goodie.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I got the great soft-cover edition with Rebecca on the cover. More recently I spotted another edition (Hartford Courant site), priced at about $35, with Kaleena on the cover.

My guess is that the more expensive version has the same copy as the soft cover/Rebecca edition, just dressed up more elegantly in a more durable hard cover.

Can anyone verify or refute my intuitive expectation?

Reaction Score
I, somehow, missed the pre-order price but given all the glowing descriptions I just ordered my copy.

Reaction Score
I, somehow, missed the pre-order price but given all the glowing descriptions I just ordered my copy.

It is well worth the money, even the extra cost. You will enjoy it!

Reaction Score
I just got mine. Well worth it. I think I'll get one for my brother who doesn't give a s*** about WBB. Maybe he will "Get It". Congrats to the Hartford Courent. If you love UCONN Women's BB and you have not got one yet get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom