Duquesne Coach: "Make no mistake; it's going to be a track meet!" | The Boneyard

Duquesne Coach: "Make no mistake; it's going to be a track meet!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very well-spoken and articulate coach who exudes confidence in both his team and his game plan to push the ball and attack the rim once his players get by UConn's zone press.....nice thought.....but to put UConn on notice that your team will be looking for "a track meet".....really? really? Be careful what you ask for coach because you just might get it......

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
No one wants s track meet with Stewie, Gabby, Kia, and (especially) Moriah. DePaul has been there, and Doug Bruno knows all about how painful a track meet with Uconn is.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
First they have to get past the zone press. Then they have to get past Stewie and Morgan. That track ain't clear!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Did you consider that his statement might be a ruse to possibly cause Geno to prepare for a track meet, when his real intention is to play a Villanova kind of game?

Watching the Saturday game between Duquesne and Seton Hall, I did not observe any exceptional speed in the Dukes' play in that game. I would have said that Seton Hall was the faster team, and they seemed more comfortable running. Duquesne seemed more like a team that relies on pretty passing in the half court for their offense.

I seriously doubt that their coach will try to change his team's stripes at this late time in the season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Very well-spoken and articulate coach who exudes confidence in both his team and his game plan to push the ball and attack the rim once his players get by UConn's zone press.....nice thought.....but to put UConn on notice that your team will be looking or "a track meet".....really? really? Be careful what you ask or coach because you just might get it.

The coach certainly sounds like his squad is ready to battle UConn. It sounds like he has a plan. I became curious, and wondered just who are these Duquesne Dukes, and why are they so confident? Who have they played that makes them so sure they can beat the Huskies? So I looked up their won-loss record, here's what I found:

They finished 1st in the Atlantic 10 27-5 (13-3). Their 5 losses were all to unranked teams: Princeton 94-66, St. Louis 84-81, George Washington (twice) 70-52 / 63-60 & St. Bonaventure 60-48. #25 St. John's was the only ranked team they played all year. They won that contest 76-57. Based on this information, you can draw your own conclusions on what the outcome will be. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Can they run for a full 40 minutes? I don't think so but UCONN can!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I hope they do try to outrun UCONN. Much more enjoyable than the slowdown games where the teams try to run down the shot clock before getting off a shot. Maybe UCONN and hang another 100? :D

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I hope they do try to outrun UCONN. Much more enjoyable than the slowdown games where the teams try to run down the shot clock before getting off a shot. Maybe UCONN and hang another 100? :D
I would love to see them put up another 100 tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom