Dunn Might Miss Season For Providence | The Boneyard

Dunn Might Miss Season For Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not doctor, but I have stayed in my share of Holidy Inn Expresses over the years...okay I've road that horse far too many miles...but it seems once a player begins to struggle with shoulder problems it's best to take care of it sooner than later. Now I don't know if it's a problem like the C's Bradley was struggling with. If my memory serves me didn't Steve Pikel and Ricky Moore have surgery to fix this sort of problem? It didn't seem clear in the article as to what problem he was having, but whatever they decide to do, I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Reaction Score
Dunn seems like a good kid and I hope he gets well soon.

Speaking of injuries, does anyone have any new information on Shabazz? Last I heard he was going wear a boot for 6 weeks then reevaluate.

Reaction Score
Well, even if Dunn must sit out the season, he'll still have 4 years of eligibility left. Let's face it, with, or without Dunn, PC's record shouldn't improve much over last season's record.
He would get to know the system, perhaps work out with the team from Feb. on.
If PC can get a decent big guy, and keep/get Ledo eligible, they could make some noise over the years.

Reaction Score
Dunn seems like a good kid and I hope he gets well soon.

Speaking of injuries, does anyone have any new information on Shabazz? Last I heard he was going wear a boot for 6 weeks then reevaluate.

That was the status as of last week, so you're going to have to wait about 5 more weeks before you hear anything new.

Reaction Score
Well, even if Dunn must sit out the season, he'll still have 4 years of eligibility left. Let's face it, with, or without Dunn, PC's record shouldn't improve much over last season's record.
He would get to know the system, perhaps work out with the team from Feb. on.
If PC can get a decent big guy, and keep/get Ledo eligible, they could make some noise over the years.

Yea, a lot of what ifs when it comes to Providence. It seems like they have like 5-6 guys that are not locks to suit up this season or ever. Off the top of my head Kiwi, Baker, Ledo, Dunn, Sidiki and maybe another player. If PC can get all these guys eligible, keep them for a couple years, and add a big they could be a tourney team (very big stretch).

Reaction Score
I'm not doctor, but I have stayed in my share of Holidy Inn Expresses over the years...okay I've road that horse far too many miles...but it seems once a player begins to struggle with shoulder problems it's best to take care of it sooner than later. Now I don't know if it's a problem like the C's Bradley was struggling with. If my memory serves me didn't Steve Pikel and Ricky Moore have surgery to fix this sort of problem? It didn't seem clear in the article as to what problem he was having, but whatever they decide to do, I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Yes, Pikiell had a shoulder problem. Once he popped it and got everthing loosened up he never seemed to be able to get it tightened back up. At one point I believe doctors tried pulling the should muscle really tight and sutured it to something but even that didn't work. Of course if he could have kept himself from diving into scoring tables after loose balls.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom