OT: - Dumbest Plays in Sports History | The Boneyard

OT: Dumbest Plays in Sports History

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Leon Lett anyone?

But this was right up there. I know what Meyers was thinking, but wow.

Reaction Score
Leon Lett anyone?

But this was right up there. I know what Meyers was thinking, but wow.
The game was tied though. No need for that. If you're behind then obviously there is nothing to lose.

Pisarcik fumble is still the worst for me because I'm a Giants fan. But it did lead to my father telling me and my brother that if the Giants ever go to the Super Bowl he was taking both of us. I had to wait 8 more years but he lived up to his word.

Reaction Score
I have two nominees:

Trajan Langdon trying to take Ricky Moore 1-on-1
Gary McGhee switching onto Kemba Walker

In theory, that Patriots lateral maybe had a chance to work. Those did not.

Doctor Hoop

Reaction Score
The game was tied though. No need for that. If you're behind then obviously there is nothing to lose.

Pisarcik fumble is still the worst for me because I'm a Giants fan. But it did lead to my father telling me and my brother that if the Giants ever go to the Super Bowl he was taking both of us. I had to wait 8 more years but he lived up to his word.
Well, obviously, that’s what made it dumb. If they were behind it would have been a desperate final heroic try.

Doctor Hoop

Reaction Score
Which bonehead Lett play are you referencing - dropping the ball before reaching the end zone in the SB, or touching the blocked FG in the snow on Thanksgiving vs MIami?
The second one. I had forgotten about that first bonehead play.

Reaction Score
Yes- one of the dumbest plays I have seen in any sport in recent memory

Reaction Score
ray liotta GIF

I'm surprised Belichick's head didn't explode into a million pieces right there on the sideline.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Dan O running out of his own end zone is unfortunately up there.

As a Pats fan, watching this unfold was just torturous - especially after that TD call was wrongfully upheld. Tough night.

Reaction Score
The second one. I had forgotten about that first bonehead play.
To be honest, the Super Bowl one didn’t really matter, other than becoming a meme before memes were a thing. They were up 52-17 in the fourth.

Well, it mattered to a friend of mine, who entered a $100-a-square Super Bowl grid pool and had Dallas with 9 and Buffalo with 7. I think the final score was worth $7500 or $9000, since they had a smaller prize for the halftime score.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is there a quintuple facepalm? Because that deserved it. The only possible argument to keep it out of the top spot was that they might have lost in OT anyway. It didn’t necessarily determine the outcome. Both laterals were stupid, but Mondre was the reason they were been in the game.

Reaction Score
Is there a quintuple facepalm? Because that deserved it. The only possible argument to keep it out of the top spot was that they might have lost in OT anyway. It didn’t necessarily determine the outcome. Both laterals were stupid, but Mondre was the reason they were been in the game.

I laughed out loud when this play happened in real time. Just end the season. Poor Mac Jones. Thank god for Dan Hurley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom