Duke v Penn | The Boneyard

Duke v Penn

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
1 minute left in 3rd period and Penn is up by 4.
Oh my.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
End of 3rd period and Penn remains up by 4.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
1 minute left in 3rd period and Penn is up by 4.
Oh my.
I just saw that and thought someone must be out sick... I cannot imagine them losing this game. JPM will LITERALLY throw them all under the bus.

Reaction Score
The Penn announcers are laughing giddily, they can't contain their excitement- and surprise. The 'powerhouse' Quakers are outhustling, outrebounding and raining threes down on the bigger Dookies. They haven't shown coach McCallie but she must be going nuts. 20 turnovers in three quarters for Dook.

Yikes. regardless of the final score, and I doubt Penn will hold on, Dook has a lot of work ahead, not looking good at all. Salvadores who?

Last edited:

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
The Penn announcers are laughing giddily, they can't contain their excitement- and surprise. The 'powerhouse' Quakers are outhustling, outrebounding and raining threes down on the bigger Dookies. They haven't shown coach McCallie but she must be going nuts. 20 turnovers in three quarters for Dook.

Yikes. regardless of the final score, and I doubt Penn will hold on, Dook has a lot of work ahead, not looking good at all. Salvadores who?

Double Yikes-- Duke has far more turnovers than made field goals. Lack of coherent offense has been a JPM problem.

Reaction Score

Why do you spell Duke as Dook? I will give Salvadores the benefit of the doubt because it's just the first game.

Reaction Score
Ironic how we run so much zone/matchup zone and have no zone offense:confused:. You probably wont see much of Salvadores until December. I've probably seen 15-20 minutes of actual gametime out of our Spaniard in 4 Duke games (BW scrimmage, 2 exhibiton, penn) apparently Coach P is easing her way becaue she was "overworked" this summer. All in all, VERY UGLY win but UNC lost:cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What surprised me was usually you see a clear difference in athleticism when a highly regarded P5 team plays a middle of the road mid-major, not that dissimilar to what you see in preseason games. And tuning in, it took a while before I figured out which team was in whites because the play on the floor certainly wasn't making it obvious. Early season and all, but ...

Reaction Score
The game should have ended better for Penn. Their out-classed and undersized kids played their hearts out and deserved a better result. Their effort was impressive. But Penn's guards, while they made lots of threes, were incredibly slow-a-foot and none had any kind of ball handling skills whatsoever. Though their effort was outstanding for thirty minutes, in the end they folded miserably under the full-court pressure, turning the ball over by dribbling straight into double-teams and traps and tossing soft, easily intercepted marshmellow passes.

With a guard who could have handled a little pressure, the Quaker would have overcome the Devil.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The game should have ended better for Penn. Their out-classed and undersized kids played their hearts out and deserved a better result. Their effort was impressive. But Penn's guards, while they made lots of threes, were incredibly slow-a-foot and none had any kind of ball handling skills whatsoever. Though their effort was outstanding for thirty minutes, in the end they folded miserably under the full-court pressure, turning the ball over by dribbling straight into double-teams and traps and tossing soft, easily intercepted marshmellow passes.

With a guard who could have handled a little pressure, the Quaker would have overcome the Devil.
Penn Post Effort A-
Duke Post Effort C-

Penn Guards C-
Duke Guards C+

Penn Coaching B-
Duke Coaching C

Penn should of won this game.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I'm betting it was, ultimately, a fitness issue.... Penn coach McLaughlin has turned around the program that's been in the doldrums since Kelly Greenberg left. He ran a very successful program at Holy Name.

Reaction Score
Penn Post Effort A-
Duke Post Effort C-

Penn Guards C-
Duke Guards C+

Penn Coaching B-
Duke Coaching C

Penn should of won this game.
Not easy to see your team play poorly and still find a way to compliment your opponent.

Reaction Score
Not easy to see your team play poorly and still find a way to compliment your opponent.
It's not easy, but you have to give credit where credit is due. I was VERY disappointed in Duke's effort and more importantly our post players IQ outside Erin Mathias, who just so happen to be our 5th post off the bench. I'll wait to give my assessment on coaching after Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom