Duke looking for more 1st place votes? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Duke looking for more 1st place votes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How much more "disgusting" is it than when UConn put up 35 pts in the first 11 minutes of the second half in a 101-41 bolwout of Colgate last season? With 7:58 left in the game and UConn up by 50 pts, Colgate missed a shot, 9 seconds later, MoJeff attempted at 3 ptr. Basket by Colgate at 7:39 - 18 seconds later, missed attempt by Buck. 6:47 block by Buck and rebound Jefferson - 13 secs later, layup by Jefferson. 5:58 block by Stewart, rebound Buck - 18 secs later, 3 pt attempt by Tuck. 5:31 TO by Colgate, 16 secs later, missed 3 ptr by Hartley. Rebound Uconn - 9 secs later 3 ptr by Tuck. 4:52 Colgate miss - 14 secs later, UConn misses layup. Rebound Uconn - 10 secs later made 3 ptr by Hartley... Clearly UConn runs the clock out and quits trying when they're blowing out the other team.
You are venturing into muddy water on the Boneyard. It is do as I say, not as I do.........

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I really don't care about what other teams are doing, they have their reasons and I don't know what they are and I really don't care at this point. My only concern is UConn Now Geno put Lawler in with approx. 10 min left in the second half. Polly came in soon after. There was no press, no fast break as UConn held the ball and played half court offense, and Stef and Stewie were out of the game with plenty of time left. So trying to rationalize that Monmouth scored points that are realistic is wrong. The way UConn played these last 2 games and todays game will be different then the game they play against Ohio St Duke and Cal and any other ranked team. IMO these 3 games in 3 days are to work on stuff. UConn has nothing to prove they proved it last week with two major injuries beating Stanford MD and Penn St.

Dukes main concern is how to defend our 3 towers and they will have to come out and play perimeter defense.

Reaction Score
I don't agree. But I guess it depends on when how long it will before another wipeout you say "it might be a while before they get a chance to do it again."
Just look at last year and year before. They had some ugly blowouts.

http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=22762&DB_LANG=C&SPID=1846&DB_OEM_ID=4200&Q_SEASON=2012
http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=22762&DB_LANG=C&SPID=1846&DB_OEM_ID=4200&Q_SEASON=2011
I sometimes forget that people don't know me and how sarcastic I can be. This was one of those times. For all those reading..... I will put a wink face ;) at the end of my entry to show sarcasm.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You really need to let it go. What goes around, comes around.
I have no idea what you mean by that. UConn will pour it on, press the entire game and someone from Duke will point it out to me?

Reaction Score
You are venturing into muddy water on the Boneyard. It is do as I say, not as I do.........

Really???? You are equating that Colgate game to a team that full court pressed the whole game? I think sometimes some fans on here get so upset about all the postives that they want to hear negative thus not concerned if the criticism is logical or not.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Oh, please. That Syracuse game was a far outlier from UConn's regular play. In fact, in almost 20 years of watching this team, I have never ever seen Geno leave a starter in like that, before or since. "Bad blood" barely begins to describe it; Geno had the players wanted to make a statement about the roughhouse style of basketball that Syracuse was playing, and they did it.

If there ever was a grudge game, that was it. The no mercy rule was in effect

Reaction Score
If there ever was a grudge game, that was it. The no mercy rule was in effect
Exactly, and nothing like that would ever happen in a normally-played game against an opponent -- difficult or easy -- playing normally.

Reaction Score
UConn has done it. The 2009 game against Syracuse is one obvious example. There was no need to have Maya Moore in the game until less than five minutes left and still chucking up 3's in the second half when they were up 30, 40 points. Your idea of working on the half court set is another's running up the score.
Yes there was their coach and some of the players had a less then amicable attitude toward Uconn and Geno. A very clear message was sent SU's way that night. Geno issued a beat down in response to SU's obvious lack of respect and attitude towards his program and players. Choose your poison well. Uconn kept their foot on the gas the next few times they played. message sent and Uconn did not initiate this foolishness SU did.

Reaction Score
Don't look now, but Monmouth put up almost 50 on UConn yesterday. I'm thinking Duke is slightly better than Monmouth.
Yeah and Geno was playing the walk ons with 6 minutes left in the first half. What rock did you crawl out from under? You are a closet fan of who? Duke!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I understand scoring 60 points in the first half.

But to score 40 in the first 11 minutes of the second half is just disgusting.

Sorry Triad.
I doubt it was for style points. I think they are just looking ahead to the UConn game and realize they have a lot to do to catch up to the UConn team.

And as far as UConn is concerned, I think the entire second half should be the two walk ons and just two other players to be merciful to most teams UConn plays against. Anything else is still women against children.:cool:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Well, at least we know who Lin Dunn will be rooting for on Dec. 17th.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Herbelp, ol bud, you REALLY need to make an effort to get over yourself. Disagreeing with you is not equivalent to trying to shut you up, but really, your act is getting VERY boring. For me at least. (And having lived in Texas most of my life, I LIKE the hat, so it ain't that.)

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Don't look now, but Monmouth put up almost 50 on UConn yesterday. I'm thinking Duke is slightly better than Monmouth.[/quote
You are mostly right, but I think you will see a different line up in the second half against Duke.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Actually, Gavid, I think you are wrong; I think the second half lineup, at least for the last four or five minutes, will be about the same against Duke as it was against Monmouth. And for the same reason.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And how does working on late-game pressure defense and run-amuck offense against a badly beaten, tired, inferior opponent help you to prepare for better opponents? If anything I would think it would teach bad habits and give you an arrogance level that could make you get whupped against a good opponent in the next game. Jeesh, work on your good passing, which is a skill no club can get enough of.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what you mean by that. UConn will pour it on, press the entire game and someone from Duke will point it out to me?
No, that maybe it will happen to Duke one day. That's why we appreciate the way Geno respects opponents. And I really don't want to see you stroke out over Duke.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
No, that maybe it will happen to Duke one day. That's why we appreciate the way Geno respects opponents. And I really don't want to see you stroke out over Duke.
I can't believe I didn't get that you were talking about it happening to Duke one day. Karma!

And don't worry. Not stroking out about anything on this board.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good to see that the insanity that is the Boneyard is not just limited to the football board

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Seems Duke is working on 40 Minutes of Dread 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom