DT The Standard Bearer | The Boneyard

DT The Standard Bearer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This is the place where Geno and Diana's egos sync as one.

"“I go to sleep every night thinking I’m not good enough,” Taurasi says. “That makes me go to the gym early. It keeps me there late. I have this fear of not being good enough, and that let’s me know I’m going to be ready by the time I step on the court.”

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
This is the place where Geno and Diana's egos sync as one.

"“I go to sleep every night thinking I’m not good enough,” Taurasi says. “That makes me go to the gym early. It keeps me there late. I have this fear of not being good enough, and that let’s me know I’m going to be ready by the time I step on the court.”

100% agree. That slightly neurotic insecurity makes her kin to Geno. It's been interesting to hear him talk about it in the past, and now we see DT with similar issues.

Incidentally, it seems to me (though I have no way of knowing) that this is one of the biggest differences between Maya and DT. Maya, for all her goodness and "nice" qualities as a person, is a true assasin on the court, and I think that in her heart of hearts she believes she can make a play against anybody, anytime, anywhere, and that she never goes to sleep at night with any type of chronic insecurities. Bria is similar, I think, though she doesn't quite rise to Maya's level of being an 'assasin' on the court. Almost no one does, of course.

I think Maya's competitive drive comes less from any insecurities and more from the sheer joy of beating the crap out of people (in the sporting sense) for 40 minutes. Tina had to learn how to adopt that mindset whereas for Maya it seems inborn. And she continues to pass it on to teammates in the "W" through osmosis.

We may end up reading Maya's autobiography years from now where she talks about having battled with just these kinds of mental hangups. But I doubt it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
100% agree. That slightly neurotic insecurity makes her kin to Geno. It's been interesting to hear him talk about it in the past, and now we see DT with similar issues.

Incidentally, it seems to me (though I have no way of knowing) that this is one of the biggest differences between Maya and DT. Maya, for all her goodness and "nice" qualities as a person, is a true assasin on the court, and I think that in her heart of hearts she believes she can make a play against anybody, anytime, anywhere, and that she never goes to sleep at night with any type of chronic insecurities. Bria is similar, I think, though she doesn't quite rise to Maya's level of being an 'assasin' on the court. Almost no one does, of course.

I think Maya's competitive drive comes less from any insecurities and more from the sheer joy of beating the crap out of people (in the sporting sense) for 40 minutes. Tina had to learn how to adopt that mindset whereas for Maya it seems inborn. And she continues to pass it on to teammates in the "W" through osmosis.

We may end up reading Maya's autobiography years from now where she talks about having battled with just these kinds of mental hangups. But I doubt it.

I've never seen a player in WCBB that embodies the term "assassin" more aptly than Diana Taurasi. She's the ultimate killer on a BB court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom