Drummond Rookie Grade | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Drummond Rookie Grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Had Drummond stayed, the Huskies are probably undefeated, making a strong case for a BE post-season appearance.

Reaction Score
Had Drummond stayed, the Huskies are probably undefeated, making a strong case for a BE post-season appearance.
Huh? The guy would be so great he would reverse our post season ban? Now I do regret him leaving.

Reaction Score
Just a thought tateisgreats sarcasm is fleeting. Cleveland really should have drafted him. I can't begin to comprehend how great he would be with kyrie . At first I thought bringing dre along slowly was a bad decision by the pistons, but it seems to have worked wonders. he's able to go 100% in fewer minutes and doesn't have to worry about beig an intricate role in the offense.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
His PER 48 minutes stats are through the roof and he's shooting 61% from the field. He's sixth in the league in dunks already and probably 1st in received oops. He's holding his own on the defensive boards as well. His play has already impacted Monroe's stats for the year, down in pts and boards and up in assists. Other teams have employed the hack-a strategy so he's becoming part of opposing team's game plans. Very solid campaign.
Statistically, his play has been off the charts. As you said, his PER is remarkable...currently 10th in the league behind only LBJ, Kobe, Carmelo, Russ Westbrook, Brook Lopez, Tim Duncan, DWade and Chris Paul...pretty impressive company!

Reaction Score
Also when will the myth about drummond being a disappointment last year be debunked ? check out the stats guys.2nd in blocks in the big east and and top 5 in offensive rebounding... For a freshman

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
Also when will the myth about drummond being a disappointment last year be debunked ? check out the stats guys.2nd in blocks in the big east and and top 5 in offensive rebounding... For a freshman

He was disappointing because some thought he would eat thunder and crap lightning.

I wasn't disappointed.

Reaction Score
Huh? The guy would be so great he would reverse our post season ban? Now I do regret him leaving.

Hey 7774,

What I meant was that a vigorous campaign to attempt to reverse the post-season BE ban would be more logical with a supremely laudable winning regular season result than an anti-climactic 9-9 win-loss as was direly predicted by the BE coaches, which a 9-9 is not much to crow and fret about. I am not saying that the reversal would succeed but it would be much more justifiable under that superb win-loss scenario vindicated by the excellent 2o11-12 student-athletes academic grades that had been reported to the NCAA long time ago. Perhaps now the BE presidents would be more sympathetic to Susan Herbst and W. Manuel. If we missed the boat, fine, but isn't it nice to lend some credence to a grand picture in the realm of all possible schemes? They let Syracuse play in the post-season despite an NCAA ban, why not wish no less for our beloved Huskies? I remember Shabazz wailing about: "Why punish us? We don't belong to that period?" He was right.

Reaction Score

Yes, many of us were thankless fools. The guy-boy did not even pay tuition money. Too classy to steal M. Bradley's tuition lunch.

Reaction Score
I just want to say that i was joking. But I do think he should have stayed an extra year

Reaction Score
I said that AD made the right choice no matter how his career turned out, if your guaranteed a lottery pick you go. Selfishly I wanted AD to come back. I pictured AD situation to be that of Andrew Bynum's his first couple of years. I did expect him to play like this just not this fast.

We gotta stop getting into what ifs with AD and tell ourselves what is.

C

Chief00

People laughed at me when I said Andre was one of the top 2 guys in the draft. As a Celtic fan I was hoping they would package their draft picks, etc to get Andre. Apparently, they were scared off by this ridiculous motor talk. For all the reasons discussed previously there was not the usual stability on the UConn team last year - and AD was a Freshman.
Overlooked it the solid job Coach Vaughn has done with him.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/53963/the-andre-drummond-experience

A back injury kept the man they call “The Big Penguin” mostly grounded until preseason rolled around. But it’s safe to say nothing’s holding him back now

“I’ll tell you what, (Drummond) went from a guy who didn’t understand screening at all, to now becoming arguably our best screener,” Frank said. “You see the progress made and you love his effort, his spirit, his makeup.

Reaction Score

Andre picking Dwyane Wade's pocket on consecutive possessions... This kid is going to be a superstar in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom