Drummond - Amazing to Ordinary | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Drummond - Amazing to Ordinary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The scariest thing about Andre is that he still looks pretty raw out there. He is physically superior than almost anyone in the NBA, and hes only going to get stronger. Im really going to love watching Andre develop his offensive skills over the years. I wasnt happy about his overall fan reception here at UConn (not this board but the fanbase as a whole.) He may have "underachieved" as a #1 player out of HS, but lets not forget the dysfunctional year he was thrown into here. Hes still one of the best Freshman ever to play at UConn and almost averaged a double double. Hes a great kid (ive even played video games against him in my dorm last year), extremely nice and i cant wait until he becomes a top Center in the league.

Reaction Score

Per-36 minutes, Drummond is now averaging 13.5 points, 13.5 rebounds, 2.9 blocks, and 1.7 steals. The only other rookie in NBA history to average 13-13-2 per-36 minutes was Shaquille O'Neal.

I like stats like that. I also read on the ESPN game recap that he and Dwight Howard are the only teenagers since the 85-86 season to have 18-18 games. Furthermore, Drummond is already simply known as "Andre" to the Pistons' announcers.

Reaction Score
The scariest thing about Andre is that he still looks pretty raw out there. He is physically superior than almost anyone in the NBA, and hes only going to get stronger. Im really going to love watching Andre develop his offensive skills over the years. I wasnt happy about his overall fan reception here at UConn (not this board but the fanbase as a whole.) He may have "underachieved" as a #1 player out of HS, but lets not forget the dysfunctional year he was thrown into here. Hes still one of the best Freshman ever to play at UConn and almost averaged a double double. Hes a great kid (ive even played video games against him in my dorm last year), extremely nice and i cant wait until he becomes a top Center in the league.

Everyone liked Andre and I don't think anyone was harsh on Andre. Hell JC needs some blame on what transpired too. He's not a lot better than last year in many ways yet he "only" averaged 10/7.......who wouldn't look at these games and say "how come he couldn't do that last year?"....he could have and should have. Never should have left the rim on either end and he would've averaged last nights numbers in college.......doesn't make him a bad kid and doesn't make it a bad freshman year, just could have been better with a better plan from him and others!

Reaction Score
Detroit is going nowhere this year. A better draft pick is probably more important than getting the last playoff spot.

There is no point in playing AD 35 minutes a game. Remember he is still learning, what he is doing right now is sheer physical ability.

Reaction Score
Why is he better in the nba than he was for us? Haha, good to see him having success.

Spacing. The same reason that all offense is better in the nba.

I will also add that in Ollies favorite weakside Iso play, drummond would have killed people.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Spacing. The same reason that all offense is better in the nba.

I will also add that in Ollies favorite weakside Iso play, drummond would have killed people.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I disagree, obviously it was AO's fault.

Reaction Score
He will be a better pro than Anthony Davis.
Anthony Davis? How about Dwight Howard? AD is only 19 and hes dominating in limited minutes. in 5 years its scary to think what he`ll be capable of. He could become the dominant big man in the nba in 5 years.

Reaction Score

Per-36 minutes, Drummond is now averaging 13.5 points, 13.5 rebounds, 2.9 blocks, and 1.7 steals. The only other rookie in NBA history to average 13-13-2 per-36 minutes was Shaquille O'Neal.

LOL! 18 & 18 and he gets 59% of the votes for player of the game? WTF?!!!!!!
Are Detroit fans that dense???!!!

Reaction Score
He had a donut the last game because he only touched the ball twice and played only 14 minutes. He plays with the worst passing point guard in the league and has zero plays designed for him. He is already the Pistons best player and it's scary to think of his upside.

The Pistons' problem is that their point guards are undersized shooting guards. Their best point guard is Will Bynum. Stuckey and Knight are great on crappola teams until they can learn to create for their teammates first, and worry about scoring second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom