Doug Wiggins Playing In Portugal, With Assist From Jim Calhoun | The Boneyard

Doug Wiggins Playing In Portugal, With Assist From Jim Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is the Jim Calhoun that most people don't know. They see that intense, cussing, angry Irishman on the sidelines and nothing else. They certainly don't see guy who'd help a kid who transferred out of the program under not the best circumstances.

I remember in another article, Wiggins says that wrote to Calhoun an apologetic note to Calhoun acknowledging his mistakes at Connecticut and thereafter. Calhoun's response was a simple "Call me" signed "your coach." The guy is pure class with a heart of gold (albeit with some rough edges.)

C

Chief00

Yeah he likes conversations over the written word. Doug was always a nice kid but not without problems. He is very talented and at UMass he could beat most guys on the team even after a few drinks. Hopefully, that chapter has closed.

Reaction Score
Always loved Wiggins. Too bad he had the off-court issues. I thought he could have been a great one.
On an unrelated note, I wonder how the ganja is in Portugal? Muito bem, cara?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Always loved Wiggins. Too bad he had the off-court issues. I thought he could have been a great one.

I don't know, but they really like their sardines. Maybe that'll become his new thing.

Reaction Score
I went to Guimaraes on a weekend trip when i lived in Lisbon - it's a beautiful town. It's pretty small so maybe that's good for him.

Reaction Score

Staying off topic.....the ganja is Portugal is available almost everywhere at reasonable prices but I didn't inhale. I loved Portugal, this sounds like a small thing but the peri peri chicken at Bonjardim in Lisbon is one of the best things I have eaten in my life. Great people, great food, very beautiful country, it looks lived in but that just made it more comfortable.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/baske...rd-pro-am-basketball-0728-20150727-story.html

Wiggins hopes to have his next move planned by late August. In the meantime, he is playing in the Greater Hartford Pro-Am at Sport & Medical Sciences Academy. He scored 30 points Monday night in the first game of a doubleheader, leading EbLens to a 98-92 victory over Mike Flowz.

My favorite line of the article... "Calhoun and former UConn player Oliver Macklin, now an agent, helped find Wiggins the Portugal job"

Ollie Macklin!
The family support network is larger than anyone realizes. A member needs a hand, JC will find a member with the resources. It's just amazing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My favorite line of the article... "Calhoun and former UConn player Oliver Macklin, now an agent, helped find Wiggins the Portugal job"

Ollie Macklin!
The family support network is larger than anyone realizes. A member needs a hand, JC will find a member with the resources. It's just amazing.
I assume it went down like this;
Calhoun: Doug meet Meat, Meat meet Doug
Doug meat, meat doug
Calhoun: Meat is one of my favorite former Huskies, Doug. Cross him and your are dogmeat.
sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32