OT: - Doug Gottlieb to Green Bay? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Doug Gottlieb to Green Bay?

Reaction Score
At the Final Four Field of 68 had a segment at their on location bar with Gottlieb , Goodman, Dauster, and I forget the fourth guy. Maybe Fanta maybe someone else. It was the most painful segment of all time because Goodman and Gottlieb just don’t ever shut up and listen to whoever else is talking. Just run right over them.

I actually listen to Gottliebs show. I find him engaging and pretty smart and I enjoy his hoop takes. He just has zero social skills when put in group environments and is always too eager to prove he’s the smartest guy at the table, it plays like crap.

He definitely knows hoops. I’m interested to see how this plays out. I feel like he’s earned a crack at it.

Personally I feel he hasn’t earned jack. He’s been bloviating about sports the past 20 years instead of coaching at the DIII level. But hey, if you wanna give him a shot, fine, whatever.

But to be given that shot AND he gets to keep his daily talk show?

with that nonsense.

Reaction Score
I think the Vermont coach hosted a morning drive show on the local radio while he was coaching. I'm not sure how long it lasted, but it has sort of happened before.

There's no downside for Green Bay here. There's no expectation that they'll actually be good, so if he does great, then great. If he does poorly, then they'll just be where they are now, but with some extra publicity.

Yeah, the I-91/Connecticut River drive-time chat with Lumberjack Jones. No seriously, having a local show has been a thing for years (not sure it’s done much any more with the advent of the internet), but college BB and FB coaches have had their own local radio / tv spots where they talk about the previous opponent and what’s up next. That’s about keeping the boosters engaged more than anything else.

Reaction Score
Personally I feel he hasn’t earned jack. He’s been bloviating about sports the past 20 years instead of coaching at the DIII level. But hey, if you wanna give him a shot, fine, whatever.

But to be given that shot AND he gets to keep his daily talk show?

with that nonsense.
I attempted to make this same point about his lack of experience, but using Gottlieb's own words got the post deleted almost immediately LOL.

caw

Reaction Score
Makes sense, all the NIL money in the game Doug probably wanted another go at players CCs.

Reaction Score
How would you like to pay for that guy?
Whats-in-Your-Wallet-665x312.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yeah, the I-91/Connecticut River drive-time chat with Lumberjack Jones. No seriously, having a local show has been a thing for years (not sure it’s done much any more with the advent of the internet), but college BB and FB coaches have had their own local radio / tv spots where they talk about the previous opponent and what’s up next. That’s about keeping the boosters engaged more than anything else.

No, Brennan literally had a morning show on FM radio. He was the Wayne Norman of Burlington, Vermont - he did a show from 5-9 am every morning for close to 20 years.

Reaction Score
No, Brennan literally had a morning show on FM radio. He was the Wayne Norman of Burlington, Vermont - he did a show from 5-9 am every morning for close to 20 years.

Fair enough. Sounds like it had a Cicely, Alaska (Northern Exposure) vibe to it.

Coaching today is a 24/7 job. I don't see it ending well (but for him, it's likely more performative nonsense than anything else).

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Fair enough. Sounds like it had a Cicely, Alaska (Northern Exposure) vibe to it.

Coaching today is a 24/7 job. I don't see it ending well (but for him, it's likely more performative nonsense than anything else).
It may not end well, but I doubt it is because he spends 2 hours out of the day talking on radio; he's got bigger issues than that.

Heck, it keeps his profile higher than 95% of his coaching competition and might be helpful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom