OT: - Doug Gottlieb to Green Bay? | The Boneyard

OT: Doug Gottlieb to Green Bay?

Reaction Score

…….what?!

On his show recently, he talked about being only good for 2 things on this planet. 1. Talk about sports 2. Coach basketball. I was listening to him talk about Hurley and situational fit and he dropped that nugget, so obviously sounds like his agent has been working behind the scenes for him to drop that.

Reaction Score
wouldn't send my kid to play for him, if he gets the job I hope the coaches/parents/trainers have his tweets saved, they show alot about who he is outside of basketball

Reaction Score
He has been trying to get a head coaching job for years. He knows hoops and I think he will be very good at mid major level.
Doesn't matter how much you know about hoops when you act, talk and behave like he does. That is a total trainwreck waiting to happen. This isn't a comment of just his on-air takes either.

Reaction Score

Putting aside how horrible I think he'll be, him doing his daily radio show still seems bizarre. Is he gonna work practices around him radio schedule?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
"Standout point guard at Notre Dame"

Is Goodman taking shots at Gottlieb?
At the Final Four Field of 68 had a segment at their on location bar with Gottlieb , Goodman, Dauster, and I forget the fourth guy. Maybe Fanta maybe someone else. It was the most painful segment of all time because Goodman and Gottlieb just don’t ever shut up and listen to whoever else is talking. Just run right over them.

I actually listen to Gottliebs show. I find him engaging and pretty smart and I enjoy his hoop takes. He just has zero social skills when put in group environments and is always too eager to prove he’s the smartest guy at the table, it plays like crap.

He definitely knows hoops. I’m interested to see how this plays out. I feel like he’s earned a crack at it.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
At the Final Four Field of 68 had a segment at their on location bar with Gottlieb , Goodman, Dauster, and I forget the fourth guy. Maybe Fanta maybe someone else. It was the most painful segment of all time because Goodman and Gottlieb just don’t ever shut up and listen to whoever else is talking. Just run right over them.

I actually listen to Gottliebs show. I find him engaging and pretty smart and I enjoy his hoop takes. He just has zero social skills when put in group environments and is always too eager to prove he’s the smartest guy at the table, it plays like crap.

He definitely knows hoops. I’m interested to see how this plays out. I feel like he’s earned a crack at it.
Maybe it works because high school recruiting has been de-emphasized, but guys with no AAU and other connections should have a hard time finding players. Of course that's what the staff is for, but Gottleib has been out of the hoops world forever.

Reaction Score

Putting aside how horrible I think he'll be, him doing his daily radio show still seems bizarre. Is he gonna work practices around him radio schedule?

If he's hosting sports talk radio, then that probably cuts down on "our coach sucks" segments. Genius!

Flaw: More Tyler-from-Spartanburg segments.

===

Damn. Was really he was going to be a WR for the Packers. I'd enjoy seeing him getting blown up by DBs.

Reaction Score
As part of the terms of his employment, Gottlieb will continue to host his nationally syndicated daily radio show for Fox Sports Radio, Phoenix athletic director Josh Moon told CBS Sports. It's an unprecedented arrangement: Gottlieb will be a Division I coach and a member of the media simultaneously.

"What he's doing now is a two-hour radio show. Balancing that is no different than what others folks have dabbled in in this area," Moon told CBS Sports. "This is different — I'm not saying it's the same — but the commitment for that in terms of how many hours in the day, Doug can balance that with where he's at in his career. His challenge is going to be: how do you balance the takes, the opinions and things that drive that process. That's what he's going to have to figure out."

Reaction Score
As part of the terms of his employment, Gottlieb will continue to host his nationally syndicated daily radio show for Fox Sports Radio, Phoenix athletic director Josh Moon told CBS Sports. It's an unprecedented arrangement: Gottlieb will be a Division I coach and a member of the media simultaneously.

"What he's doing now is a two-hour radio show. Balancing that is no different than what others folks have dabbled in in this area," Moon told CBS Sports. "This is different — I'm not saying it's the same — but the commitment for that in terms of how many hours in the day, Doug can balance that with where he's at in his career. His challenge is going to be: how do you balance the takes, the opinions and things that drive that process. That's what he's going to have to figure out."

This gives them two options of how they can get out of his contract if he fails. Something he does at the school or something he says on air. Lolz

Reaction Score
I think the Vermont coach hosted a morning drive show on the local radio while he was coaching. I'm not sure how long it lasted, but it has sort of happened before.

There's no downside for Green Bay here. There's no expectation that they'll actually be good, so if he does great, then great. If he does poorly, then they'll just be where they are now, but with some extra publicity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom