Dorka Juhász | The Boneyard

Dorka Juhász

Reaction Score
Is Dorka playing overseas; maybe not planning to be with the Lynx this season?
Looking at the preseason games so far, she doesn't appear to have played any.
In the Mila Day video (in the Mila Day thread) a blond lady in street clothes rushes in to
prevent Mila from wandering into the photo shoot. Maybe that was Dorka.

Reaction Score
At the moment she's playing in Europe, although she's still listed on the Lynx roster. Her team, Beretta Famila Schio, won what google translates as the "Italian semi-finals" just a couple days ago. Dorka was the game MVP with 16 points, 12 rebounds and 2 steals. I don't know anything about tournaments in Europe, however, so someone else will have to forecast when she might return to the WNBA.

She also on the Hungary national team, but they failed to qualify for the Olympics. So she should be back in the W this summer.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How does the W's Prioritization Rule affect Dorka? If she is not back by the season-opener, can she play this season?

Reaction Score
How does the W's Prioritization Rule affect Dorka? If she is not back by the season-opener, can she play this season?
Marine Johannes played for the Lyon team last season. They won it all so very durational tournament play, after which she joined the Liberty. It obviously is possible to join late.

Reaction Score
In the Mila Day video (in the Mila Day thread) a blond lady in street clothes rushes in to
prevent Mila from wandering into the photo shoot. Maybe that was Dorka.
I think the lady with the blond hair was Phee's mother, not Dorka.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My understanding is that Prioritization is not applicable to players with 0-2 years of service; Dorka would not be subject to any penalty this year

Thanks!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Dorka did not play in Schio's semi final game on Wednesday.
The game recap on the Schio site said "The absence of Juhasz (stopped as a precaution due to a slight discomfort a few hours before the match) and Penna are significant," Schio won 68-67 and move to the finals starting May 15th

The link below is from the Schio page.

Reaction Score
Last I heard, Dorka was planning to play this season for the Lynx. The only player, and she was later traded, that was scheduled to not play this season Nikolina Milic.

Reaction Score
Dorka did not play in Schio's semi final game on Wednesday.
The game recap on the Schio site said "The absence of Juhasz (stopped as a precaution due to a slight discomfort a few hours before the match) and Penna are significant," Schio won 68-67 and move to the finals starting May 15th

The link below is from the Schio page.
The Next in their article about the Lynx reported that Dorka will return after her overseas commitment. Schio will play Venezia in the Italian League finals on the 15th, 17th, and if necessary the 21st. In her last 10 games Dorka averaged 14.5 pts and 8.2 reb per game.

Reaction Score
Dorka is indeed still overseas along with another, that's why the Lynx have 13 players in their roster. When Dorka and Sika Kone return, they will have to make another cut. I guess there are some exceptions to some rules of Prioritization.

Reaction Score
Dorka is indeed still overseas along with another, that's why the Lynx have 13 players in their roster. When Dorka and Sika Kone return, they will have to make another cut. I guess there are some exceptions to some rules of Prioritization.
Players with little experience in the league (I believe it's 0-2 years) are not subject to the same prioritization rules. This allows the younger (i.e., lower paid) players to make some money elsewhere. Someday they'll make that money in the W, but that day is not today.

Reaction Score
Players with little experience in the league (I believe it's 0-2 years) are not subject to the same prioritization rules. This allows the younger (i.e., lower paid) players to make some money elsewhere. Someday they'll make that money in the W, but that day is not today.
OK, true....I remember Marine Johannes with the Liberty last year.

But the Lynx still had to temporarily suspend her contract in order to meet the roster limit.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
From today's WNBA transactions:

Dorka Juhász is temporarily suspended.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
From today's WNBA transactions:

Dorka Juhász is temporarily suspended.
She’s not back yet. Her contract is temporarily suspended

CE8CCBE6-FDF4-409C-9755-3CBB72D6739A.jpeg

Reaction Score
She’s not back yet. Her contract is temporarily suspended

View attachment 100716
This item from Rotowire and the upcoming Schio vs Venezia women's final perfectly illustrates prioritization. Dorka has only 1 year experience in the WNBA and is eligible to return once the series is over. She will be welcomed back as she has done very well in Europe, especially the last 10 games. Jessica Shepard who was Dorka's teammate in Minnesota and plays for Venezia is not eligible to return having been suspended for the season since she has 3+ years in the W. It should be noted that Shepard put up quite decent numbers for Venezia last year, is averaging better than a double/double this year, and I suspect is being adequately compensated for her choice to play in Italy the full season and take the consequences.

Reaction Score
This item from Rotowire and the upcoming Schio vs Venezia women's final perfectly illustrates prioritization. Dorka has only 1 year experience in the WNBA and is eligible to return once the series is over. She will be welcomed back as she has done very well in Europe, especially the last 10 games. Jessica Shepard who was Dorka's teammate in Minnesota and plays for Venezia is not eligible to return having been suspended for the season since she has 3+ years in the W. It should be noted that Shepard put up quite decent numbers for Venezia last year, is averaging better than a double/double this year, and I suspect is being adequately compensated for her choice to play in Italy the full season and take the consequences.
And well, the food is probably a lot better there...

Reaction Score
It turns out that the Schio vs Venezia final is a best of 5 series, so Dorka could be playing in Italy until May 26. The first game was today with Venezia beating Schio 77-65. Dorka had 11 pts., 3 reb., and 2 ast..

Reaction Score
It turns out that the Schio vs Venezia final is a best of 5 series, so Dorka could be playing in Italy until May 26. The first game was today with Venezia beating Schio 77-65. Dorka had 11 pts., 3 reb., and 2 ast..
Isn't Shepard playing for Venezia? Two Lynx bigs playing against each other. Prioritization means she can't return, being in WNBA longer than Dorka. Well, she is making more money there than here. She'll enjoy her vacation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom